Ratings for Dr. Mohamed Shaheedy

very knowledgable , listens to you, takes all his calls weekends and after hours.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2013

I am 21 years old female,and went to Dr. Shaheedy from birth to 14 years old. He was very unprofessional and MEAN. I remember I was 12 years old 5' at the time and weighed 127lbs. I also just started menstruation. He ridiculed me, telling me i was fat, unattractive, and tried to make a bet with me to encourage me to lose weight (specifically 5 pounds in a month). I was a very active kid. I understand the concern for childhood obesity; however, if it is such a case the professional way is to interact privately with the parent to encourage life style changes. It was very wrong to tell a child, who is already insecure going through puberty, that she is fat, and unattractive! It's not a surprise I suffered from Anorexia Nervosa for 2 years after until I got help obviously from a different doctor! I doubt i would've developed anorexia if I never went to Dr. Shaheedy. I was not an obese child, my weight gain was NORMAL. Children ate GROWING! Right now I'm 5'4" and weigh 132.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

One of the best doctors very helpful lots of patience in answering

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

Amazing Doctor. Very Helpful to my children on their visit. Best Doctor

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

I had just one experience with him and he was great during my baby first checkup. But, his staff is not prepared to support this kind of doctor (children). They let me wait more than one hour with a 5 months baby and they were unpolited when I requested more information regarding the delay.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

He is very cruel to overweight children and goes out of his way to embarrass them. He makes children/teenagers with weight issues very uncomfortable and insecure about themselves. As a doctor he should help them and guide them in loosing weight not give criticism and scorn. He is a bully!!! I would not recommend such an insensitive person to be in contact with your children.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

I LOVE HIM! i dont know what these other people are talking about, i have been going to him since elementry school and i am now a freshman in college. i was over weight when i was younger and he didnt say anything that didnt need to be said. he said what me and my mother needed to know. i have been going to him ever since as well as my 14 year old brother. we love him!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2009

flag | Submitted September 29, 2008

I didn't like him. He's very mean and he embarassed me. His staff are nice people but when I was sick they didn't give me an appointment. I agree with the user who said mean mean mean. I agree he doesn't like overweight kids instead of helping them lose the weight or refer them to weight loss specialists. He's a mean person.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

he is a mean doctor, he doesnt like certain isurances, if there is a problem that need to be checked out, he hesitate to investigate or refer to specialist, he hates kids with weight problem and he shows it. humiliate them, he really doesnt care about them, even if they are very sick he handles it passively. mean mean mean thats all I can say, his staff are wonderfull, very helpfull, very nice people, shame about the doc.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2007

Dr. Mohamed Shaheedy's Credentials

• Teheran Univ, Fac Of Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1957)

Healthnet