Ratings for Dr. James C. Farmer

Dr farmer is non caring with no bedside manner and no compassion. I have never had a worse experience with a doctor

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

When I first met Dr. Farmer, I had a long list of questions to ask and he smiled, sat back and said, "go ahead". He answered all my questions, took time with me, and I knew then that this was the doctor that will do my surgery. After surgery he visited me every day in the hospital. I feel safe and secure under his care, all my follow up visits have been the same, always answering my questions and I couldn't imagine going anywhere else for my very extensive surgery. I not only trust and like Dr. Farmer as a surgeon, I trust and like him as a person.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Farmer performed a microdiscectomy on me and I felt better waking up from surgery than I had in almost a year, other surgeon I met with told me I wouldn't be back to normal for 4 months yet I was back in just 8 weeks!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

A great and kind doctor. He fixed my extensive back problems and got me walking again. I highly reccomend him.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

When I initially met with Dr. Farmer it was after already speaking with another surgeon that recommended a 4 level disk fusion. The first doctor made it sound very easy and I'll be back to work in no time, a neck brace for a week and that's it. Dr. Farmer explained all of the risks involved from infection to disks not fusing to possible paralysis. He then explained that he has been doing the same surgery for the past 22 years and he is confident that I don't need to be overly concerned about this. I had the surgery on May 3rd 2016. I spent a couple of nights at the hospital and I went home. I was walking around the next day with no issues. I really had no pain, I didn't need the pain killers that I was prescribed. The healing process went very well and now in January 2017 I feel fantastic. I am able to lead an active lifestyle. No regrets here. Dr. Farmer is a top notch surgeon and the hospital for special surgery was very professional and courteous to me and they provided an excellent level of care. I would recommend Dr. Farmer to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr farmer was awesome. He helped me so much and got my life back. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Don't go there if you are in pain Dr. Won't even see you. Have had lumbar issues over 4 years ..

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Excellent surgeon. Advised against a course of action I took and fixed the entire problem with multi-level lumbar fusion 18 months later. Patient, takes time to answer questions, highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

Absolutely the most disingenuous man on Earth. He ruined my neck and my life.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

My mom has had 2 spinal fusions performed by Dr. James Farmer and we both were extremely happy with the outcome and the care she received. I had a lengthy 7.5 hr spinal fusion performed by another spinal surgeon who had operated on me 4 other times and I happened to see Dr. Farmer after being admitted to my room. Dr. Farmer came in every day to see how I was doing even though I wasn't his patient at the time. He has been highly recommended by other MDs at HSS and if I can't see my spinal surgeon who I now see, Dr. Farmer would be my next choice. He is experienced, knowledgeable, and a very concerned doctor. He treats you like family and is truly caring. His office staff is very professional and very caring also. Actually, I have been seen at HSS for the past 15-20 yrs by other MDs and every employee that I came in contact with were exceptionally courteous and professional. I gave the highest ratings for the MDs , employees and care at HSS. And I have the highest recommendation for Dr. James Farmer.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. James C. Farmer's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1988)

Amerigroup