Ratings for Dr. Malcolm Lock

Dr. Lock was the most wonderful doctor, I have been looking for a doctor since 2006 in British Columbia. Would go back to Ont. if I could go back to him. He was never rude to me. He always took the time to explain to me what was wrong and what caused it.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I saw this dr yrs ago. It was only a few times when my dr in the same office wasn't there. He was always rude & offensive. One time I had a lump deep in my armpit that became so painful I had to see a dr. He took a quick look at it & said it was an ingrown hair & did nothing. I knew it wasn't because it felt so deep & large. He didn't even palpate it. After another wk I had to go back making sure my dr was there. He took one look & said it was a large sebaceous cyst. He said that if I waited a few more days I would have ended up sick with septicemia. He lanced it right then & there in his office. I told him what Lock said it was. He said nothing & had a pained look on his face. My father had to see him once because his doctor wasn't in that day. He was so disgusted by him that he went to the front desk & told the staff to never book him with that *%#@&*%% again. I felt sorry for Lock's wife who worked in the office for having to live with him.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

He delivered me and 'cared' for our family for years. He was rude, coarse and just loaded me up with a cocktail of samples. When I was 16 he felt I suffered from Acid Reflux (no tests performed) which I didn't have, there were plenty of other issued I had with him that I suppress badly. Now that I have a good doctor, I feel so ripped off for all the years I waited to see this prick. I never liked him and he made it clear he never liked me - even stating that I'm directionless in life. Now I just need my medical records; I fear what he must have wrote about me, however I was shocked to find out without notice he left his practice and released the records to a records management company. I know I will have to pay a few hundred dollars for them, but does anyone know where I can get these records?

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

Our family had him as our family doctor for 26 years. Although my children had a life thereatening genetic illness, he failed to provide pertinent medical information. By failing to provide competent medical care, he deprived my chld of receiving legitmate disability benefits. He seemed to care more about money. This resulted in severe financial strain on our single parent family. When I sought to remedy this injustice, he refused to re-submit medical documentation that could very well have resulted in retroactive approval of benefits for my child. Today, as a young adult, my child continues to live at home unable to sustain himself. His life may have been entirely different if this doctor would have intervened with compassionate and competent care and concern. I am highly distressed that this doctor is now our Medical Officer of Health. How sad that a doctor who displayed such little regard for a vulnerable patient, is now responsiblie for the health of an entire community.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

I had to see this doctor a couple of times over the years when my own doctor was unavailable. He misdiagnosed me when I saw him. He was always rude and condescending. During my appointment he actually made a sudden phone call and yelled at the person at great length. He acted as though he hated his job, the patients and anyone else that even slightly irritated him. I saw him once leave the office at noon saying loudly so we could all hear, "I don't care how many patients there are, I'm going on my lunch!!" and stomped out of the building looking extremely angry. I read in other ratings that he is no longer practicing family medicine. I sure hope so. His atrocious bed side manner; angry disposition; condescending attitude; inappropriate behaviour and misdiagnoses made him a dangerous nasty doctor. I wonder if some would think he may suffer from "Small Man Syndrome".

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

I am pretty ticked off that he never told his patients that he was leaving his practice and left us in the lurch. THANKS FOR YOUR GENEROSITY! Now you left my family without a family doctor, so nice of you to do that.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2007

He was a good doctor, then he only seen dollar signs so he pushed through as many patients as possible. Never refers you to specialists unless you bang your head off the wall. Was never thorough with his assessments- left yu hanging and what the problem is. He has semi retired now and left some patient health in a mess. I guess other doctors will clean it up.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007

Hes now the coroner for Brantford, so the next time I see him will be when Im dead, least I wont have to wait.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2007

i really didn't care for that doctor.He isn't a really nice person. He seems to just guess what's wrong he never ever examend me he just guessed what was wrong.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2007

extremely knowledgeable and up to date, works very hard and overall provides excellence

flag | Submitted February 2, 2007