Ratings for Dr. Patrick Declan Burke

He was rude, made me feel bad about myself on several occasions, and very un-friendly. I feel like he pushed me into an unnecessary c-section. Stay away from this doctor, there are plenty of other great doctors in the area.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

TERRIBLE doctor would not recommend to ANYONE. he was rude and insensitive to me on many occasions including while I was in the hospital being induced to deliver my stillborn child. Thank god for the midwife being there and helping me as he just came in one time after telling me that the induction could take 4 days. I refused to allow him to deliver my child and the midwife delivered her. He does not have compassion yet alone even care about his patients what so ever. To this day I feel if I had went to a doctor that listened to me and my concerns instead of dismissing them my child would have born alive not dead!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014

Dr. Burke caused the death of my child, after 15 years of trying. If I had listened to his finally advice of waiting for care I would have died as well. He diagnosed a ruptured appendix as a pulled ligament. The midwife diagnosed me properly before sending me to him at the hospital. Where after no testing he sent me home and told me to stop complaining. After several days of him saying to basically suck it up my mother called 911. At the hospital he still refused to deliver my son who was still alive, he died during my busted appendix being removed. My son died in surgery (weighed 4 pounds). Dr whicker saved my live, no thanks to Dr. Burke, another child was left brain damaged due to Burke in the same time frame. Please don't risk your life or your child's. I was so sick that I was hospitalized for a month. My son had to lay in a morgue to await burial because of this barbarian.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Dr Burke is a fantastic doctor. He delivered 2 of my sons without any complications. i felt he was very thourough in answering all of my questions and concerns. I personally thought is bedside manner was fine although many on here would disagreewith me. I mean, really? what are you looking for a friend? Or a really talented doctor?

flag | Submitted September 8, 2012

I went to Dr. Burke during my first pregnancy. I saw him at 6 weeks he said everything was fine. I saw him at 10 weeks and he couldn't find the heartbeat...he said that was fine. I started bleeding at 11 weeks and he told me to lay down and raise my feet. I saw him at 12 weeks, he couldn't hear a heartbeat, but said everything was fine. At 14 weeks when he couldn't hear a heartbeat he sent me for an Ultra sound where it was discovered I had lost the baby at 7 weeks, but that nothing had been expelled yet. Dr. Burke refused to do a D&C and wanted it to come out on his own...yet it had been 7 weeks. He basically wanted me to keep walking around with the reminder of what had happened, but wasn't going to assist anything along and help me move on. I went to another Dr for the D&C. A month later Dr Burke's office called to schedule a D&C. I was still being reminded of what happened. He also screwed up my stepson's circumscision so it looks like he has extra flaps of skin!! Do not go to him!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

I went to this doctor for my first pregnancy and he acted like he didn't have time for any of my questions. I had major concerns due to my job, traveling and spotting and he acted like I was a bother. I would not go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

Went to see him for severe headache and my pregnancy. Said that I was 12 weeks and proceeded to look for the heartbeat. When he didnt hear it he gave an internal exam and said 8 weeks. As for the headaches he first said sit in a dark room. When I called him back he prescribed a medicine that is not for pregnant mothers.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

I would never take the time to comment if I didn't think that Dr. Burke was and still is exceptional at his practice. He not only makes you feel comfortable but is reassuring, and more than capable of answering questions and acknowledging concerns. Personally, he helped me through cryotherapy for abnormal cervical cell changes. From that experience with him, I purposefully sought him as a primary Dr. after my insurance changed.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2010

I found Dr. Burke to be very professional and caring. He was very diplomatic in raising issues that I found embarassing and his recomendations in resolving them were very helpful. I hat going to the doctors and found him to be excellent. Front desk women not so much. They came across a bit uneducated but did help in the end. I think the Fredericksburg area is very short on talent in Dr office staff. My primary care Dr. has the same problem. Great Dr. , lousy staff.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

I think Burke is a good doc. He delivered both of my kids and surgery to remove one of my tubes. Everything was good. He is straight forward and gives you the raw truth. So if you can't handle reality.....then maybe you should have someone sugar coat life for you. I feel I have been seeing him for a long time and if ever there was a problem or question I had.....he answered it or fixed it. He is definitely not for just anyone. But he doesn't BS you around. So therefore being your friend......definitely "NO." Being a doctor....."YES."

flag | Submitted June 4, 2010