Ratings for Dr. Glenn N. Ledesma

Beverly Hills doctor and CEO conspire to commit health care disability fraud News: 2015 Press Release For Release: March 19, 2015 Media Calls Only: 916-492-3566 Beverly Hills doctor and CEO conspire to commit health care disability fraud LOS ANGELES, Calif. -Today, detectives from the California Department of Insurance (CDI) arrested Los Angeles Doctor Glenn Neil Ledesma, 63, owner of California Dermatology Center, Inc. CEO Jonathan Ledesma, 49, Glenn Ledesma's adopted son, was also arrested. Both are charged with multiple felony counts of health care disability fraud for presenting false claims. The suspects allegedly collected disability benefits totaling more than $1.8 million while continuing to work and practice medicine. "The Ledesmas knew it was illegal to file for and collect disability benefits while still working," said Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones. "Their criminal activity is part of the health insurance fraud epidemic that totals billions of dollars annually and results in higher premiums for all consumers." Dr. Ledesma first submitted a disability claim in 1997 stating he was unable to treat patients due to his medical condition. His insurer told him he could receive disability benefits while running his corporation, but was not allowed to treat patients or practice medicine. In 2008, Dr. Ledesma continued collecting disability payments while resuming his medical practice and treating patients. From 2008 to 2013, he treated more than 2,900 patients while simultaneously collecting $1,605,464 in disability benefits. In 2008, Jonathan Ledesma filed a disability claim with UNUM Life Insurance Company of America indicating he was also unable to work due to medical reasons. He denied knowing Dr. Glenn Ledesma even though he listed the doctor as his employer and investigators discovered Jonathan Ledesma was in fact the CEO of one of eight of Dr. Ledesma's medical corporations, California Dermatology Center, Inc and his adopted son. From 2010 to 2013, Jonathan Ledesma collected more than $200,000 in disability benefits while performing administrative duties as CEO. Both suspects have been arrested and booked into the Inmate Reception Center in Los Angeles. Bail is set at $50,000 for each and they may face 20 years in state prison if convicted on all counts. This case is being prosecuted by the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Run, don't walk. Irresponsible in the extreme. They supposedly have offices throughout Los Angeles. They have a centralized appointment center - inluding 323 271 3354/ 626 332 7522 - that is still making appointments for patients to locations that no longer exist. I was in the middle of a treatment program at their Beverly Hills office, I showed up last week to have some pre cancerous lesions removed and the office was closed. A neighboring dental practice reported that they hadn't seen anyone their for at least two weeks. The landlord said they were no longer tenants. The call center staff repeat the same line - that they haven't been advised by Dr Ledesma or American Dermatology Centers - and will continue to make appointments and pass messages on until they are. They gave me a number for the Burbank office which has been disconnected. Needless to say, the messages they pass on are never answered. They may well be maintaining some appearance of continuing to operate for fraudulent purposes.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I'm going to agree with all of the negative reviews of this place. It really is that bad. Here are a few things you will experience - 1. A LONG wait - my appt. today was at 4:00, I wasn't seen by a dermatologist until nearly 5:00. 2. The doctors are rude and have NO bedside manner. The sooner they can get you in and out the better it seems. 3. The waiting room can fit 'maybe' 6-7 people and there are always 12-15 people in their TINY waiting room. 4. Their pay system is ALWAYS down. Today I was told 'sorry - our system is down, we only take cash or check.' I told them I had neither, just a credit card and to bill me. They nearly tried to get me to pay cash. W.T.F?? DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE. FIND ANOTHER - I assure you, this is the most unprofessional doctor's office I have EVER been to in my life.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

My insurance is under LA Care. It's very extremely difficult to make a appointment. Every Time I call, it will be like an answering service. The doctor is never there, only the PA (Covina's office). I had no other choices for dermatologist uner LA Care. They don't accept credit card/check, only cash. The real doctor (Glenn N. Ledesma) is under investigation with the CA Medical Board, go check it out yourself.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Without exaggerating, this is the worst experience with a doctor I have ever had. For starters, the office is open one day a week. Who does that? They are UNREACHABLE any day except Tuesday. He sent in a prescription to my pharmacy for a medicine that was no longer manufactured, and when my pharmacy tried to reach the office, they never responded. I also called every Tuesday, and it took me over a month to get a response. When I did, I was told by the receptionist that it had been too long, and I would have to come in again. When I refused and told the receptionist that they should learn to treat patients better, I was hung up on. Seriously seriously seriously the worst place. Do yourself a huge favor and do not go to this office.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

He's not available in all clinics, only in Beverly Hills. I went to the one in Diamond Bar and I was surprised to see it was his PA, the staff didn't tell me which doctor I would be seeing when I called to make an appointment and the clinic and building looked very old; the equipment looked outdated, I will not be coming back to his clinics at his other locations

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

His treatment for acne is excellent! My daughter cleared up completely within a month of treatment. No pills, either.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2007

Excellent and Knowledgeable doctor.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2006

Dr. Glenn N. Ledesma's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1979)