Ratings for Dr. Elaine G. Chottiner

I love Dr Chottiner and her staff. They were kind knowledgeable and answered every question I ever had. I never felt rushed. She explains everything thoroughly. She saved my life

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Chottiner was my oncologist. I had mammograms and ultra sounds every year because I was a previous breast cancer patient for 10 years. The last 2 mammograms and ultra sounds I had resulted in a letter from her that everything was fine. 6 months later I had a chest x-ray from my personal doctor that showed a tumor in my lung. She ordered pet scan,she wanted me to have my lung removed with no biopsy, etc. Found cancer in other breast, lung turned out negative. Got my medical records and went elsewhere for treatment and after reading my records, she was informed from the past 2 mammograms and ultrasounds from radiologist that I should have a biopsy...she never ordered one and never mentioned it. I was immediately diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer, had mastectomy and 11 positive lymph nodes...that is a death sentence. Can't help but wonder if she had ordered the biopsy as recommended, would I be in this mess now. I will probably die within 5 years if I make it that long.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

A lifesaver. Outstanding care and treatment

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

Had me take blood test to confirm cancer diagnosis. I asked if anything effected test and she said no. When levels came back high she told me over the phone it confirmed I had carcinoid liver cancer and I needed further tests before I would be sent to a special clinic. Through research WE found out that a medication I was on effected the blood test. That was after $25,000 worth of tests she ran based on blood test. The tests all came back normal. When we told her what we found out about the blood test she was very cold and never asked where we got info. My family doctor told me to re-run the blood test after going off the medication. Blood test came back normal.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2007

She is very matter-of-fact,knowledgeable and kind. She listens and discusses your options. Very responsive to questions. I feel very safe and comfortable in her care

flag | Submitted May 7, 2007

Extremely knowledgeable. Readily answers questions without looking down on you. Very matter-of-fact, to the point. Kind, but not a "touchy feely" person. Interested in your well-being. Interested in pain control. I've dumped other oncologists for what I perceived as indifference to my needs/care & incompetence in dealing with complications of my treatments. Dr. Chottiner is a TERRIFIC choice if you want a competent doctor who is up to date on current treatment and trends. She may not hug you, but you can have a great partnership with her for the best possible care. I have full confidence in her (I am a nurse and a young breast cancer warrior)

flag | Submitted January 25, 2006

Incompetent, cold and uncaring.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2006

Dr. Elaine G. Chottiner's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1980)

MSP/BC Med