Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey M. Johnsrud

He was my gallbladder removal outpatient surgeon toward the end of 2008. The BUTCHER, Johnsrud cut two bile ducts which put me in excruciating pain for 10 days in ICU, (30 day St Jo stay plus 10 more at UCLA) After a week, he took off to go surfing in Fiji. Even called from there saying, "I guess I need to come back and take my lumps." I was a high level executive, Johnsrud stole that from me as I'm still in pain, Gallbladder was not the cause, and on permanent disability. Found out he lost an arbitration suit 3 mos after cutting me open. Nice personality, but personalities don't perform surgery, professionals do. Thx for ruining the last 8 years of my life and causing undue strain on me and my family.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I had hernia surgery January 2013. I made several calls to his office regarding continued pain in surgery sites. Staff told me I had major surgery and to give it time. It was most likely scar tissue. Well a year and a half later I made an appointment to verify it was just scar tissue. Dr. Johnsrud said I had a NEW hernia to the left of the one he repaired; the umbilical repair was okay. Well, I went for a second opinion only to find out that the NEW hernia was not new, but the original one had re-herniated and the umbilical repair had re-herniated also. The CAT scan proved it. From reading the surgical report, my new surgeon said the patches Johnsrud used were too small resulting in the slipping of the mesh. He also stated the mesh was not a strong enough grade. Additionally, the sutures used were non-disolving. He shook his head in disbelief. So much for Dr. Johnsrud's care for his patients.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

Dr Johnsrud changed my life. After years of abdominal pain, he determined sludge in my gallbladder was the cause. Only risk of outpatient removal was "anesthesia." He cut/tore two bile ducts which caused me to stay in hospital for 30 days due to the build up of 4 liters of bile in my abdominal cavity. This was in 2008. Still in pain today after 17 additional repair procedures at UCLA. Johnsrud pushed or me to sign off on his ins payment of $30k because anything above that is reported to the medical board. Turns out, Johnsrud lost a $72,000 case in 12/08, three months after he tore my bile ducts. I am still in pain, was a very successful executive, however my life is in ruins do to this "surfer surgeon's" poor skills.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2013

the staff handeld my auth for blue cross ,dr explained to me what i will need to do before and life style after he is a very good person he does not wont his pation to lose the weight fast and that is it he realy care ,he listen and understand i wish i can give him ten stars not five hadia

Submitted June 15, 2011

I went to Dr. Johnsrud concerning a mass that was found in my leg (for which I already had an ultrasound). Dr. Johnsrud practically dismissed me. He told me it must be a hematoma and I must have just had "trauma" to the location, without barely even reading the ultrasound results and without even examining the large swollen bump on my thigh (I had to insist he look at it). The report said the mass is complex meaning it's part cyst and part solid. He insisted it must only be a hematoma and basically rushed me out and said he'd just refer me to another doctor when I disagreed with him. Well, I didn't take his referral and chose my own doctor. Turns out I have cancer in my leg. I got the impression that if I was trying to get the lap band he might have been more attentive.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

I had Lap-Band with Dr. Johnsrud and I absolutely LOVE him. He is so warm and genuinely kind. He has been wonderfully supportive and offers support and guidance. He is not your typical doctor, always in a rush. I believe he truly cares about me and my health. I would not hesitate to make an appointment with him for any of your medical needs.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

Dr Johnsrud was awesome. I didn't go to him for obesity related matteres, but for a pilanoidal cyst (however you spell that). He performed the surgury, and offered EXCELLENT follow through. The nurses are awesome too -- VEEERY caring.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Excellent! Hernia fixed, and a very positive experience from start to finish. Highly recommend St Joseph Outpatient Care Unit and Dr. Johnsrud!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2007

Dr. Johnsrud removed my gallbladder laproscopically on Nov. 1, 2005. From the first moment I met him for my consultation to the surgery to the after surgery follow-up he was a breath of fresh air -- so positive and upbeat. I would highly recommend him to anyone. His staff is also wonderful!!! He specializes in Bariatric surgergy and has a wonderful program from all the comments I've heard and from what I've read on his website at http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Jeffrey+Johnsrud+jlg.html.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2006

Dr. Jeffrey M. Johnsrud's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)