Ratings for Dr. Douglas Thom

Dr.Thom is by far the best doctor I’ve had. I’ve delivered my first three in AZ with the same doctor so moving to VA & finding a new doctor was scary for me. The other doctors in his practice i didn’t really like and felt they didn’t listen to anything i had to say. Dr.thom was my last resource and if he wasn’t good i would go to a different practice! He’s attentive and caring. HE also goes above and beyond to make sure you’re baby is okay and healthy

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

He knows what he is doing, he sits down to talk to nice guy

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

His bed side manner was atrocious. Everyone in this office seems to busy to answer simple questions from a first time mom. I can honestly say that they have made my pregnancy a horrible experience.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I saw Dr. Thom for the first time in 1990 for a second opinion. I was very pleased and was impressed by his awesome bed side manner. After that he has been my doctor ever since. He was compassionate when my child was still born and has given me exceptional care all these years. I have referred to him my mother, sister, niece, countless friends and co-workers. I am sincerely sorry for anyone who has a bad experience at a physicians office as this is the worst place to have a bad time but I think this doctor is phenomenal. As a matter of fact, I think he is the best.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Dr. Thom was such a nice Dr! My husband is active duty and was doing a lot of sea trials during the 10 weeks or so of my pregnancy. He missed the first and second ultrasound and Dr. Thom was so nice that he did a quick impromptu Ultrasound at 10 weeks when my husband came back from his sea trials. Unfortunately, during the time I delivered, Dr Thom was in England visiting his mother so Dr. Coyle delivered my son. I wish we still lived in VA. I'd definitely have him deliver my daughter who I'm 20 weeks pregnant with now!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Thom performed my hysterectemy and a few years later delivered my oldest granddaughter. He is without a doubt one of the best doctors in his field. He took the time to listen, he explained everything and cared.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

Dr. Thom delivered my daughter and was wonderful. He's also great during regular office visits.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

I am sure that pregnant women or women looking to become pregnant will have excellent luck with him -- however, as a woman with debilitating endometriosis who only wanted relief from pain, I received only patronizing responses from him. I had been refused the option of a hysterectomy by another doctor because 31 is 'too young' to know I'm all right with not having children. After failing to do an exam because he 'really didn't think it was necessary' Dr. Thom put me on a treatment that made my condition worse. He, too, refused me surgery because I 'couldn't know' that I wouldn't change my mind, and stated his intent to run me through more ill-advised treatments. His failure to do an exam also resulted in a uterine tumor going undetected until I found a third, more conscientious doctor. Said doctor called Thom's treatment of me ridiculous and is giving me the surgery I need. Unless you want babies, do not let this man tell you what he thinks you need.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2012

Dr. Thom really cares about his patients and takes time to educate them regarding their care. He is very kind, and has a great sense of humor. Doctors like him are extremely rare these days!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

He has been my OBGYN for two decades and I think he is one of the best! He fought for me when I had trouble with my insurance company. Helped with fertility issues, and later during two very difficult pregnancies he was there to support my husband and me. Also, he handled the routine procedures well. I agree with the other reviewers that the staff could be friendlier though.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr. Douglas Thom's Credentials

• Univ Of London, St George'S Hosp Med Sch (352-24 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1976)