Ratings for Dr. Irene Koesters

We have been seeing Dr. Koesters for the last year (a total of 10 appointments). Dr. Koesters has a warm, friendly, and caring personality. However, we have never been seen on time and our average wait time is over 30 minutes. The longest we waited was 1 hour and 45 minutes after our scheduled appointment time. At our last appointment, we were the first patient of the day and Dr. Koesters was still 35 minutes late. If you don't mind waiting then I would recommend her, but there are several other pediatricians in the Columbus area that would be worth seeing over Dr. Koesters.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

I would go the other doctors in this practice. I did not have a good experience with her.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Dr. Koesters is a wonderful pediatrician. She is knowledgeable about her field of pediatrics and has always shown respect and concern for my son who has been with her for nearly 10 years. She takes interest not only in his health, but also what he is doing in school, his social and emotional well-being, and remembers a lot about him from the previous year. She is patient and kind. Our wait time may be a little beyond the appt. time but that is because Dr. Koesters listens to her patients and does not rush them. I have recommended her to many of my friends and some were able to get in while she was accepting new patients. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about her. She is awesome.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr. Koesters has been our pediatrician since my daughter was born 3 years ago. She's a very warm and caring person and best of all, I think she's a very knowledgeable doctor. She seems to keep up on the latest research and I feel confident in her medical opinions.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

This doctor has cared for my family for over 3 years. I liked her at 1st but have quickly learned she is two faced and when she says she has your childs best interest at heart, thats a lie. She is judgemental, and a liar.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

My daughter was having a high temp for a few days so I took her in. Was told it was probably a virus but if she didn't get better, bring her back in. So come July 5, she still wasn't much better. I called and they got us in that day at 10:45, even though they were closed for the holiday. She has always seemed to truly care about my daughter. I find it crazy that others had such bad visits... hard to believe this is the same dr!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

We had a terrible experience one day with this doctor when she was on call. I'm not sure if we caught her on a bad day or what the issue was. She was extremely rude over what turned out to be a very legitimate medical concern. My child was admitted later on the same day to Children's after she basically brushed me off. I am glad I followed my instincts in this case and not hers.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

Dr. Koesters is brilliant with children, very knowledgeable and extremely genuine. Highly recommend her and the amazing staff/nurses.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

This is a wonderful doctor. My infant daughter had been suffering for months as a result of the misdiagnoses and indifference of other doctors. Dr. Koesters listened to the situation, sent us to multiple specialists, ordered many tests, and as a result my daughter has gained much needed weight and is finally feeling well. I'm thankful and grateful for Dr. Koesters. Doctors don't have a crystal ball. They are people. All we can ask is for them to listen to us and do everything they can to find the right diagnoses and treatment. Dr. Koesters does that and more.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

Dr. Koesters is a wonderful doctor! She has been treating our son since birth. She had been so supportive over the last year. We look forward to seeing her, be it a well visit or a sick visit. We feel very fortunate to have her as our son's doctor!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2007

Dr. Irene Koesters's Credentials

• Oh State Univ Coll Of Med, Columbus Oh 43210 (Grad. 2001)