Ratings for Dr. Nina L. Shapiro

Dr. Shapiro performed my 2 year old's adenoidectomy and ear tube placement this week, and I can not recommend her highly enough. She is just a very sweet, caring, gentle, wonderful woman and for someone who is so highly regarded in the field (Harvard, "Top Doctors" editions all the time, etc.), she is a very down-to-earth, approachable doctor who truly cares about her patients. The surgery was an absolute breeze. I had stressed about it for almost a year and the whole thing took about 20 minutes and within two hours of waking up my daughter was 100% back to her normal crazy self. Her snoring/breathing issues seem much better, and although still very early, we have very high hopes for a drastically improved quality of life. The care we received at UCLA was top notch and I am so glad I chose Dr. Shapiro for this surgery!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

Dr. Shapiro is friendly and easy to speak with. She put tubes in my 16 month old daughter's ears and it was a good experience. She took the time to explain everything. She was ahead of schedule and the surgery actually ran early. Her staff is friendly and gave me the time I needed. Excellent doctor! .

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

Excellent evaluation and helpfulness, compassionate and very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Dr. Shapiro operated on my daughter's sinsuses at age 16. Surgery was unsuccessful. When we went back to discuss it with her she did not have an explanation as to why it didn't work the first time but offered to do it a second time and charge for it yet again. No thank you.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2006

Specialises in pediatrics. Only downside is that the appointments usally run late and some of the office staff are a little stand offish. Dr. Shapiro interacts well with my toddler, answers questions and is easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2006

flag | Submitted October 10, 2005

Dr. Nina L. Shapiro's Credentials

• Hebrew

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1991)

Ameritas