Ratings for Dr. Simon D. Fink

One of the kindest and greatest surgeons of all time. Smart and moral!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr. Fink is a great surgeon. I was referred to him by my medical doctor for hernia repair surgery. I went to him and he examined me. I explained to him that my abdominal hernia is painful. He told me to take pain meds. The following morning, he called my home and asked me if I had pain and I responded by saying yes. He asked me to come to the emergency immediately and he operated on me. That same night before he called, he couldn't sleep over the fact that my situation might be complicated. Also, he always came to check on me in my room until I was discharged. He is a very caring surgeon and an Excellent one also. He also has a great sense of humor!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Simon D. Fink for a consult for a possible breast MRI. I was very unhappy with his bedside manner. My exam seemed thorough, but he went out of his way to correct me for calling the young woman who referred me a "nurse." I know the woman was not actually a nurse, but I didn't know her actual title. Does her title actually matter? Apparently to Dr. Fink it does. He stopped the exam to take time to talk down to me saying that the young woman was a nurse practitioner and didn't have the credentials required to be a nurse. He went on to use jargon that was completely meaningless to me. I fail to see why he needed to correct me in such a condescending matter. The rest of the staff at his location were excellent, but I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

The staff is friendly and accomodating; I have been a patient for more than 10 years and have NEVER been treated with anything but the utmost respect and caring. I "almost" look forward to semi-annual beast cancer follow up screenings.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2009

Patients need to understand that a surgeon's demeanor is not reflective of his ability in the operating room or clinically. I was fooled by how he looked like he was my advocate. But as it turned out (long story), he was lazy (refused to come in when he was oncall when I had an emergency)and somewhat sleazy (responsiblity was shunted away and he blamed this "discrepancy" on a whole host of other issues). I am a close friend of a employee of that hospital and let me tell you the operating room nurses do TALK! And their first hand experience with Dr. Simon S Fink have not been good. In restrospect, his demeanor patterned that of a used car salesman.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2006

Office at NY Hospital of Queens - the nicest and most efficient staff in NYC. Dr. Fink is one of a kind...brilliant...compassionate...a great surgeon!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2006

Dr. Simon D. Fink's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)