Ratings for Dr. Mitchell Wong

Dr. Wong did lasic on me and blinded my left eye, I have 20/200 without correction. My right eye went from about 20/40 to 20/50. He had to do the left eye twice, charging me $500 more to fix the first operation, which was a failure. After the first surgery I couldn't see anything at all, the second one gave me 20/200. Don't use him.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

I have trusted Dr. Wong to care for my eyes for a number of years. I have had two cataract surgeries so I have dealt with both offices. Dr. Wong is very competent and professional as he should be. He has the patient's best interest in mind. If is my belief that if I have the right to complain about service I receive, I also need to compliment excellent service. In all the years I have been going to Dr. Wong I have NEVER encountered less than excellent service. Upon arriving I have been met with a smile and friendly service. Every person, in both offices, have been friendly, helpful and compassionate. I can not say enough about the staff and I hope the doctors appreciate everyone that makes the offices run smooth and keeps the patients comfortable. Thank you all for keeping my eyes in good shape.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

I went into a "free" consultation and was told I had to pay $25 for an eye exam because I had Medicare. I don't understrand if it was free why did insurance come into play? However my main concern is that I spent 3 1/2 hours in their office and left before completing the exam. I received the free consulation but never received the exam after having my eyes dilated. At that point I just left their office in disgust. I have been seeing eye doctors for 60 years and I have nerver spent that amount of time waiting for an exam. Although Dr. Wong seems very knowledgeable. However, in my opinion he is overscheduling his patient workload.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2006

This Dr's assistant quoted me a price over the phone. I saved up the amount she quoted. After my eye surgery, he charged me way over the amount I was told. I gave him what I had then continued to make partial payments. He went ahead and turned my into a collection agency where I had to pay the FULL amount again. How do people get away with this????

flag | Submitted February 2, 2006

Does no behave in a sensitive way. Rude and abrupt. Messed up a cataract surgery and said it was not his mistake. Never on time.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2006

Dr. Mitchell Wong's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1964)