Ratings for Dr. Thomas C. Puchner

I have celebrated my seventieth birthday nine times. I am confident my longevity is due in large part to the extraordinary care I have received from Doctor Puchner. As a life-long asthma sufferer I was rescued with a comprehensive protocol of medicine and behavior modification. This regime was the result of Dr. Puchner's training as a board certified allergist as well as his former experience as an internist. He has been extremely generous with his time and patience in administering to my needs. His remarkable ability to listen carefully to my description of my condition has allowed for the development of an effective solution for my asthma. i even begin to feel better the moment I know I have an appointment with Dr. Puchner. I am grateful to be his patient. 10-20-14

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I had been a patient of Dr Puchners for 5 or so years even under his care my asthma and overall health worsened, he was great a first then something seemed to happen. At the urging of family and friends i switched doctors and my health is back to where it should have been. At the end Dr Puchner REFUSED to listen to my questions and concerns, and not once in 5 yrs did he in the least take my blood pressure or weight, seemed to be more interested in pushing drugs from the drug cos... DONT GO TO HIM you will be sorry

flag | Submitted March 2, 2013

I called the on call allergist as I have done once before without a problem. My asthma was worse by midnight and I was trying to avoid the ER. You can tell immediately by his tone of voice and attitude that he is not pleased with the call. He asks what the problem is. I told him my breathing was becoming worse. My fast acting inhaler stopped acting many hours before this. I had also already done my nebulizer twice and it only lasted about an hour. I told him that I think I needed some prednisone b/c they have given it to me before and it helps control the asthma. This doctor very sarcastically replies, why didn't I get this taken care of earlier? Then he proceeds to chastise me by asking me if I knew that it was 1230 in the morning? I was so flustered by his response I could not even respond-not to mention I did not have much breath to sit and argue with the man. He then wanted to know which pharmacy I used, told me what he was calling in and ended the call.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2010

Dr. Puchner is one of the most dedicated physicians I've ever encountered. He will work with you until you find the treatment that brings allergy and asthma relief, and goes to bat with the insurance company to get you the meds you need when others within the corollary have not worked. It's sad to read the negative posts when all I've encountered with Dr. Puchner is a doctor who goes the extra mile to help his patient, and spends the time with each person to find a treatment that works. It's a partnership, and the patient needs to follow through and put some trust in his/her doctor and work as a team to find a treatment that works.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Dr. Puchner is one of the most dedicated physicians I've ever encountered. He is very knowledgeable in his field and educates as well as treats his patients. He goes the extra mile to help get the treatment needed for allergies and asthma. I highly recommend him and feel very lucky as a patient to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Puchner is the best doctor I have ever had. Has given me a quality of life I never thought possible. I would highly recommend him to anyone with severe asthma and allergies. I can't say enough great things about him!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2008

I took my teenage daughter to Dr. Puchner when she was having breathing problems related to athletics. Another prominent Madison doctor who saw her at urgent care suggested she had vocal dysfunction disorder or asked a bunch of personal questions that were off base. We found Dr. Puchner to be dedicated to finding a solution, and willing to listen. He worked with my daughter's combo of allergy and asthma symtpons so she could play soccer without difficulty. He was great for our family. This "solution" did not occur over night, but he hung in there with us working to get her on meds that made sense and worked. And yes, we had insurance. But all meds and doctors are expensive.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

An excellent physician. Very thorough; he studied my case before seeing me! Dr. Puchner figured out my problem and helped me get relief after several other doctors failed for two years! This guy is amazing.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2006

He is the best Dr. He is not only help me get my health back but also help to have a healthy life!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2006

Very friendly and took the time to both listen to my concerns and explain the ins and outs of my diagnosis/testing options. Smart too, a good quality to have in your physician!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2006

Dr. Thomas C. Puchner's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1984)