Ratings for Dr. Daniel J. Adler

Dr. Adler failed the part of the Hippocratic Oath where "warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug." Within my 9 minute appointment, of which 8 were spent in the consultation office and 1 in the examination room, I was told that my attempt to provide additional information to my situation is a challenge to his experience. I was offered to exit the office when I attempted to share additional pieces of information relevant to my case. I quieted down, like a submissive child, waiting for the appointment to end. With a one minute examination, limited to putting pressure on my stomach, and a longer tongue lashing, I came away with a prescription for a three week regiment of medication for symptoms I do not feel I have. While I respect the number of accolades displayed on the walls of this office, it does not make up for the lack of bedside manner. If you are looking for someone to hear you, perhaps this is not the office to join as a new patient.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr. Adler is not only an outstanding doctor but also an outstanding gentlemen. my wife and I both use him as our standard MD, and gastro needs. he treats us like loyalty doing his job to perfection. he is an extremely busy doctor with tons of patience each day but still takes plenty of time to ask personal questions and gets to know us. to me that is very important for my doctor to be personal, it makes the process much more comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

He failed to diagnose Crohn's in severe textbook stage and dismissed young patient as ''being too emotional"...He was dismissive and impatient...Go to him only for routine checkup but not if you have real problem.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

Very open and compassionate. Spent considerable amount of time with me after procedure explaining things. Very efficient office staff. -KG

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Some of these remarks are ways off. I used Dr. Adler as my gastro and he was excellent. Would recommend him to anyone looking for a patient, knowledgeable, thorough doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

I've been using Dr Adler for years as my internist and gastrointestinal..felt like i was having a heart attack....he insisted i come in immediately and discovered i had an ulcer, I have had only a good experience with him. Not great if you get the flu or a cold won't see you the same day

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

i saw the doctor today about very painful hemoroids. dr adler was very rude nasty and impatient, he was very unhelpful and he didnt explain to me what was going on, as a doctor he needs to have alot more patience and compassion for people,and i got more information about my hemoroids from the computer than the doctor, he should be ashamed of himself the way he treated me today and his staff were nasty and they made me wait while i was so uncomfortable and in excruciating pain because i was alittle late, i wish them all the same pain and discomfort

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

He said I used big words and dissmised what I had to say.. I would NOT recommend him if you are one of those people who is aware of your body and educated. He is your typical doctor ..he will not take the extra step to really listen and understand your problem. He is a typical main stream doctor.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

I found him too eager to give meds. He is also a bit stubborn. Since I am very knowledgeable he could not be dismissive with me even if it was his tendancy to be so. He did help me through a crisis though and I am appreciative of his skills but if you are not a pro-active patient he may not be the best choice.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I had worked with Dr. Adler for several years. At times he was helpful, however I also found him to be impatient, dismissive and narrow in his thinking about possible medical interventions.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

Dr. Daniel J. Adler's Credentials

• Arabic

• Suny At Buffalo Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci, Buffalo Ny 14214 (Grad. 1982)