Ratings for Dr. David Rothbart

Believe the bad reviews!!! He just wants to do surgery and get money. pompous, uncaring, and arrogant! The bad reviews are true!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Dr. Rothbart and his staff AP's (Clay and Gayle) help me deal with a rare reherniation of a disc after my first surgery. They had a very distinct plan of action once we realized I had a rare complication and severe pain. Their team of staff at the Southlake Facility and the nursing staff were unbelievable when I was hurting and took great care of me. They went above and beyond their required duties by calling after hours and even coming into see me at the hospital on Sunday. They even expedited my surgery to take care of the issue and didn't make me wait. Dr. Rothbart was a sincere professional and patient care was his main priority. I highly recommend his team for any spine, back or neck pain. I have seen other reviews that have mentioned that Rothbart's bedside manner wasn't the best but I would just chalk that up to his very black and white delivery. Go see Spine Team Texas.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

If you want to know if you need back surgery and if it will help this is the place to go. Dr Rothbart and his staff are the best in the country. I had three previous surgeries and my back was a mess. Dr Rothbart did an eight hour Tlif on my lower back. The surgery was televised actually. I walked out of the hospital the next morning. That was in 2005. I have been able to live an active life ever since. There are plenty of back quacks out there that will do needless surgery on you! If you want sympathy this is not your place. If you're not healthy enough for surgery, you don't like physical therapy after surgery, or you're not willing to quit smoking, go elsewhere. If you want honest answers and the best treatment possible, You've found it!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Yes, terrible experience!! I came with back pain a level 10 pain. After a wrong adjustment from a new chiropractic. I do have chronic pain from fibromyalgia I know it because I have I for 17 years. This is different, and is visible on my back , The pain is unbearable for the last 2 weeks, after the adjustment. I went to family doctor and he called this doctor on my behalf. I came in and his assistance told me to answer a questionnaire and I did. The questions where like "have you feel sad in the last 2 weeks?" etc. is the type of self help questions that you can find online. Hello! yes I have been sad, because I have pain. Never expected that these questions were going to be used to diagnosed me with severe depression. How is it possible that depression is the cause of a visible dent on my back and horrible pain? Didn't even take the time to hear my complaint. The bill presented was a large one. Very disappointed

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I had very positive experiences with Dr Rothbart back in 2004 and prior when he treated my injury. The surgery was a success. When symptoms recurred, I went back and got a shot which was not successful. I am in need of a second surgery. However, I am now being denied treatment for no reason I can come up with except that after the shot, my blood sugar went very high. This had not happened before and was fixed by a shot of insulin! He doesn't have the common decency to talk to me and explain what's going on. It's all very embarrassing. Oh, and just to complicate things, I went to a different doctor who also refused to treat me out of PROFESSIONAL COURTESY!!! What?

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

If you're looking for a shoulder to cry on then Dr. Rothbart is not your person. I agree with other reviews that you can feel like he is a little cold hearted. If you're looking for someone who is all business and direct give him a try. Do your homework. There is more than enough information on the internet to have a good understanding of what is causing your problem. Just search on your symptoms. I met with him well armed with information. He scheduled a myelogram. I highly recommend the myelogram. Levels above the clarity of a MRI. While going through the myelogram digital pictures with me he verified everything I suspected. Dr. R performed my C5/C6 ACDF. 1.5 yrs later I still have slight numbness at the tip of my middle finger and down to 2nd joint of index finger. From internet searches this seems to be typical. I regret I did not go to him earlier. He will be my go to guy if I am unfortunate to have other spinal problems.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

I couldn't believe some of the ratings and comments I read about Dr. Rothbart. I have been going to this clinic for about 5 years and had nothing but good experiences from the front desk to the recovery room. Shots, PT I've been through it all and getting ready to finally have surgery. That is the last resort. I would rather have a doctor that is knowledgeable than one who gives the warm fuzzies. He has never failed to go into details in showing my test results and made sure my questions were answered. I have friends that have recommended Dr. Rothbart and never heard anything negative.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I went to this doctor for help. Ive been fighting cervical issues for 4 years and my progression has been drastic in that short time. This was a huge time waster. His NP who was great even stated I needed further testing but no not him. He refused to do further testing even though his NP told him there were MRI films that weren't taken Where bone spurs we present. He didn't want to be questioned. Refused to explain and left no options. I imagine if you have a text book situation he might help you but DON'T look for out of the box with this guy it won't happen . Go somewhere else becuase his compassion is non existent. I dont have time to make things up. Have a first visit with him, you will be right back here writing like I am.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Unprofessional, arrogant, childish and narrow minded come to mind.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

We had a great experience. Wife had a spine injection and then surgery. Support staff was awesome. Dr rothbart is super focused and knowledgable

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Dr. David Rothbart's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Southlake, TX