Ratings for Dr. Gordon R. Bell

Dr. Bell was rude and insulting. I've never had that experience with any doctor before. Also, he saw me over an hour after my appointment time but gave no explanation. A woman taking an x-ray for another medical reason about a month later, told me how rude he'd also been to her. I'd explained I was having trouble with my back but needed to find another doctor because one had just been so rude. She guessed who it was and thought he might be rude to women as he treated her husband ok.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Dr Bell was very streightfoward in his answers. He and his staff were excellent

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

Great doctor,had lumbar fusion..zero pain left..highly recommend!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2012

I consider Dr. Bell my Hero. I had surgery by another doc that was unsuccessful and had many different procedures before he finally made the correct diagnosis and fixed the problem. I found his bed side manner to be wonderful: he was kind and concerned.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

i needed a spinal fusion- my spine had shifted 3/4 of an inch. My brother recommended Bell. We were very pleased with his knowledge and information- surgery went well (i think 8 hours) but his bedside manner afterwards was horrid!!! on the other hand anytime I called the office his nurses were wonderful and always had answers for my questions.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Dr. Bell was very egotistal and rude. If you don't fit into his pain relief catorgy he will not operate. After telling me I had 2 problems with my back he refused to operate on me. I would not get enough pain relief in his estimate so he would not help me. He Did offer to refer me to a Dr. to help me to learn to live with my pain. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Bell to anyone who didn't have time to waste going to see him. I has disappointed to hear I had a back problem and he wouldn't help me.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2009

*** DR.BELL PREFORMED MAGIC ON MY BACK. REPAIRED L-4 & L-5. HE TOLD ME I WOULD ALWAYS HAVE A BAD BACK BUT THE OPERATION WOULD IMMEDIATELY STOP THE PAIN FROM THE NERVE DAMAGE. THREE YEARS LATER & DR. BELL WAS 'RIGHT ON THE MONEY' WITH EVERYTHING HE TOLD ME. THE VERY PAINFUL SPASMS DOWN THE LEG, WHICH OCCURED DAILY, NEVER RETURNED. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR.BELL.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2008

Dr. Bell performed a laminectomy on me in 2003. Although he could not completely correct the problems because of the severity of the spinal stenosis, (he indicated that mine was about the worst condition he had seen)the surgery did afford me substantial decrease in pain and increased mobility. I would recommend him very highly. He was also very courteous and extremely helpful in describing the surgery and answering any questions I and my family had about the surgery. His staff was also very courteous and willing to help both before and following the surgery. He was easy and willing to talk to and had excellent bedside manners

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

This physician responded promptly when I e-mailed him questions both before and after my nerve decompression surgery in Feb. 2005. I don't think there are many surgeons who would extend this courtesy. He is also an excellent surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2006

Dr. Gordon R. Bell's Credentials

• Univ Of Ottawa, Fac Of Med, Ottawa, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1977)

Pacificare