Dr. Robert C. Schnackenberg

Ratings for Dr. Robert C. Schnackenberg

Wouldnt see any other doctor. His staff is always going out of it's way to be sure all patients are treated with compassion and care.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I suggest that you find another doctor who will listen and care.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

He saved my life! Very compassionate and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

Awesome Dr! Highly Recommend him. He took time to help me and get me started on ECT.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

I met doctor Schnackenberg in 2005 while in the Columbia unit. He was a life saver for me. I am a Registered Nurse and was working in a local mental health clinic. He was right on target with my treatment. I have been with him every since. He is extremely intelligent and dedicated to his work and patients. Unfortunately, medications are not a cure all and when medication is started w person will be sedated until the medication has time to stabilized in the body. There are therapeutic doses determined by the scientist that make the medicine. Not by the doctors. without being in the therapeutic range, you will not stabilize. This takes time and trail and retrial sometimes. medications do not work immediately . I would recommend that people go on line and read about the illness and the medications. Knowledge can bring you peace of mind.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

My regular psychiatrist referred me to Schnackenburg for ECT. My mood would improve for a few days after each treatment, though I was very out of it- but by the time I started feeling less impaired I realized it was just treating symptoms, not problems. I continued with Schnackenburg for almost six months before realizing I was losing more and more memories, having difficulty forming new ones, would forget events that happened less than a month ago, a week ago, or a day ago. I stopped ECT treatments more than a year and half ago- I was assured the memory issues were temporary, and within six months to a year I would recover them. A year and half later, I have not, and still struggle to form new memories and remember things. Every morning while we ere getting our IVs I saw all the other ECT patients being visited by their doctors and working with them- I saw Schnackenburg a total of two times, our initial consult and just once in the ECT OR. If you decide on ECT, avoid Schnackenburg!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Dr Schnackenberg over medicated me from the age of 13 - 15 and hospitalized me for months at the expense of everything my mother had. Gas lighting is the only way I could describe his interactions with me. The high doses of medication he prescribed have made holes in my memory and caused me to vomit regularly. When I complained of nausea he insisted to my mother that I was rejecting my meds and vomiting on purpose. He was a terrible doctor and on occasion would offhandedly humiliate me in front of his attending medical students by bring up out of context embarrassing stories that were not connected to the discussion at hand. He had my poor mother wrapped around his finger and nearly bankrupted us all because he diagnosed me as bi-polar when all the real trouble was that I was a teenage girl with ADD. I would not be exaggerating by saying my years with him were traumatic. Please do not send children to this doctor. He was and is a monster.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

Dr. Schnackenberg has been an answer to my prayer. His treatment has my depression under control. I have found him to me careing, compassonate, patient, listens to me, talks to me and is never condesending. He was recommended to me by one of the leading doctors of internal medicine in Columbia.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

This doctor is insane! He should not be treating people or animals. I would not let him treat a pet rock. He needs ECT. Saw him as a child when parents were going through a divorce. He talked down to me, let medical students come in against my will, and treated me as if I was nothing. I am in the field of psychiatry now because I feel like someone needs to treat the patient, not treat patients like crap.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010

Dr. Robert C. Schnackenberg's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Homeopathic Medical School (Grad. 1961)