Ratings for Dr. Joseph S. Rice

He can be quite rude at times and acts like he's in a hurry to get you out of office.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Poor memory. Miscalculated my birthday for a colonoscopy by 10 years. That should say enough.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

When it was revealed that my blood Hemoglobin as down to 4.5, (discovered by another doctor, doing a simple blood test), Dr. Rice only put me on iron pills for two more weeks, and that's about it. I had ulcerative colitis and a prolonged relapse at the time. After suffering for two weeks with no improvement, he wanted to extend the iron pills as treatment...until I looked at him as if to say...are you serious?? and then changed his mind to admit me to the hospital for blood transfusions. THEN he discovers I have a totally blocked transverse colon, and now I am facing emergency surgery. Thankfully I lived and had a successful Jpouch procedure done by Dr. Sidney Morrison (Excellent Doctor!!). During a follow up while I had a temp illeostomy, my bag detached from my skin in his office and no one offered to help...I had to drive home like that. Looking back (2002-2003), I should have filed a malpractice lawsuit. Complete failure in his field...a nice guy, but that's about it.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2012

Really nice guy, but at one visit, he fell asleep in his chair while I was telling him what was wrong. At a subsequent visit, he was interrupted by another doctor to come out and discuss another patient, an elderly man, that had had an EGD that morning and was now bleeding internally. His advice was for him to go to the ER. I was not very confident after these 2 experiences and didn't return.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Rice is always willing to listen to and answer questions. He is concerned about his patients and goes to the trouble to research answers when they are not readily apparent. I would trust him to do his best under any circumstance.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2006

Dr. Joseph S. Rice's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

HealthPartners