Ratings for Dr. Julian C. Adams

Older doctor who does not seem, to me, to be up with the times. He wrote a couple of comments in my file, which I later requested, that I thought were not appropriate to be in my file. They were NOT off-color or vulgar, he just wrote in my file a personal comment I made at the office visit. This was quite a few years back, but at the time, there was no place to express my opinion.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

Consultation with Dr. Adams required by Soc. Sec. Disability. He told them I was malingering or faking it. Since he works with the SSA, his job is to deny benefits. I thought a doctor vowed to "first harm none". He harmed me plenty by denying benefits. I'm now wheelchair bound. Finally got my benefits, no thanks to him, after 2 1/2 yrs. I wouldn't recommend him to a hamster.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

Dr Adams needs to retire. He is bipolar or worse.Dr. Adams personality changed several times in a ten minute appointment. If you are seeing thhis doctor for workers comp.,be prepared for a report that states there is nothing wrong with you and that you are malingering.Dr. Adams is a 'go to' doctor for insurance companies.BEWARE!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

This person should not be allowed to call himself a doctor. Nothing could be further from the truth. I had a stroke and he told me I was over stressed because post menopausal women have trouble controlling their stress. This was after a cat scan and 2 MRI's. Another dr diagnosed the stroke in 10 minutes. DO NOT GO TO THIS QUACK. He will tell you that he is a recovering drug addict/alcoholic. You may never recover. I have had other drs in this area roll their eyes when you mention his name.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

This quack evaluated my husband for Social Security. He smelled of alcohol when he came into the room and when we received the evaluation it was obvious he had confused his patients or just didn't care. He wrote that my husband was a 41 y/o former state employee who walked with a walking stick. My husband was 39, has never been a state employee and was in a wheel chair. Do not go to this man.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I have a daughter that is downs syndrome, 45 years of age. I took her to Dr Adams for a brain scan due to severe headaches. He came in the room and started asking my daughter questions, like her age etc. which she does not know due to her mental disorder. I began to answer his questions. He Yelled out very loud "SHUT UP SO I CAN TALK TO MY PATIENT". I was shocked by his action. My daughter is 45 years old and cannot read or write. I sat there holding my temper, he stood up and said Quote: Go to the nearest Truck Stop and buy some Excederins for her, and he walked out of the treatment room. My austistic daughter was upset and crying due to his yelling and his attitude. I will never take my daughter or recommend anyone to recieve treatment from Dr Adams. He should not be allowed to practice.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

I saw this "quack" about 10 years ago. His eyeglasses were held together with duck tape as were his shoes. I was having headaches - later to be diagnosed as tmj - since I was in college he told me that I must be an alcholic or abuse drugs, just as he told another person on this site. I do believe he has some issues

flag | Submitted April 17, 2008

Came in suffering increasingly bad migraines and depression. He was very vague, refused to even agree that it was migraines OR depression as those were the diagnoses of other (competent) doctors. The migraine diagnosis was years and years old, but they had started getting worse. However, he was completely uninterested in confirming those diagnoses by any means at all! At the beginning of the visit, he noted that I was in college, and he kept asking about or implying towards my alcohol and drug use (both of which were nonexistent). He ended up deciding that, given that I was in college, my symptoms must be the results of excessive alcohol and drug use. Didn't recommend any treatment. I almost got the impression that he has a son or someone in college who IS having problems with drugs and/or alcohol, and he had some kind of weird need for me to be having the same problems. Very mumbly and indirect--doesn't really seem to be all there. Complete and utter waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2008

Haven't recieved bill. The doctor was vague in consult and unsure of what to do. He acted confused. I think he needs to retire.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2007

gave zero insight into cause or treatment for my problem (bells palsy). he stated the paralysis would just run its course, yet he wanted me to return every two weeks for a "follow up". jus t another way to charge for an office visit. has a bad reputation with local medical staff. have seen him drinking during lunch prior to returning to work.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007

Dr. Julian C. Adams's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1963)

GHI