Ratings for Dr. Walter K. Urs

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

I had to wait for 1&half hours. The doctor looked at one x-ray didn't even exam me. I was told it wasn't my hip it was my back. I have one hip that doesn't sit in the socket itself and that make my 1 leg longer than the other and he acted like i don't know what I'm talking about. I know the difference between back pain and pain in my hips. I would never see that "doctor" again.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

I went to Dr. Urs because 1)he has a good repuation and 2)was recommended by family members. I am young (25 years old) and had pain in both knees which led to bi-lateral arthroscopy. I had SEVERE swelling and SEVERE pain the first 4 days and called to mention it to him. I got the "give it time". My foot was externally rotating and pain was terrible. Each post-op visit I was told "give it time"... "give it time"... 1 year later, I am worse than before and live every day in pain. My wrestling career is ruined and I won't be dancing at my wedding. While he is smart and knowledgable, he was not helpful or proactive to make me better... nice man, but basically gave up on me right after surgery. I refuse to go back to him and hope to find a NEW doctor who can fix me (if anyone can repair the mess he left in my knee).

flag | Submitted November 21, 2007

Dr. Urs did my total hip replacement 8 months ago. I am so pleased with the outcome! You couldn't find a more pleasant Dr. also. Very caring. I am looking forward to having my knee replaced by him in 8 more weeks.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2007

Dr. Urs. is a very caring, knowledgeable, and skilled dr and surgeon. He did TKR on me and I healed quickly and without any complications. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2007

Would not go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2006

Dr. Walter K. Urs's Credentials

• Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Farmington Ct 06032 (Grad. 1981)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan