Ratings for Dr. Denise L. Sweeney

she is the most arrogant Doctor I have ever encountered. When in fear of preterm labor she never returned our phone calls and her nurse Kristian hung up on us when we wanted to speak to our precious doctor. We were scared of what might be happening to our loved one. After loosing one child, I expected that she would be more compassionate. She refused to refer another doctor in place of her being absent. Left us with a desperate feeling. I would not send my worst enemy to this office.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2012

In a word - AMAZING!! She is sooo friendly, upbeat, knowledgeable, comfortable to be around, nice to my hubby, and gives super great maternity tips! Add to all this, knowing she's a mom and been there, just makes it so much easier to trust her. I drive over an hour to see her and followed her from another practice because I desperately wanted HER to deliver ALL my children! I trust her with my life and the lives of my children. And after my first pre-eclampsia/toxima/bed rest/premie situation - that's saying a LOT! I consider her a friend and also look forward to annuals (and especially pregnancies) so I can see her (and the no children policy is a nice break too!)

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

best doctor in the world. saved my life. followed her from another practice. love, love and let me say love her.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Very nice and took the time to answer my questions. However I did not feel she was very supportive of my decision to pursue a natural birth experience, as if she doubted I knew what I was getting into as a first time mother. Now that I have done more research I will be using a different hospital (UC Davis) and doctor for our next child. I would highly recommend her to any friends and family who want a conventional hospital birth experience (epidural/etc.), she truly was a nice person and knowledgeable at all our appointments. I can't speak to her actual bedside manner during delivery as my son decided to arrive on the weekend and was delivered by another doctor in her practice.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

Dr. Sweeney is absolutely a blessing. She was recommended to me by my PCP to perform surgery for me. I found that recommendation impressive since she did surgery for my PCP's wife. I found her to be the most knowledgeable, compassionate, professional yet personal and caring doctor and woman. There is no better physican and all-around wonderful person!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

LOVE HER!!! She is very upbeat, friendly, personable, knows her stuff. I have a relatively complicated medical situation and she has been unbelievably supportive and has helped me find other excellent doctors to help on this. I feel very lucky!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I love her! She has been with me through two difficult pregnancy's. She always listened and would ease my concerns and fears. I followed her from her old office. Wonderful Doctor!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

I love her. She was my OB with my daughter in 2004. In 2007 I am pregnant again she is with me again. I have even changed offices with her. She's always understanding and has an ear. It's also nice to know you have a doctor who has been there and done that with her own kids, she truly understands.. As for timing? The nature of their office and unpredictability of birth, there is often a wait, however I bring a book and relish in the though that they deliver 4 out of 5 of their patients themselves, and know she will be helping me soon.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2007

Love Her!!! Delivered my son in 2003 & now helping me again to get another baby. Listens, is always in a good mood, and very gentle!!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2007

AMAZING DOCTOR! I wouldn't go to anyone else now. I would travel miles upon miles to see her. I even delivered my daughter at my less-than perfect facility, but didn't care, because I wanted and needed Dr. Sweeney. She listens, and trusts a woman to know her own body. She believes you when other doctors will just write your problems off. She understands your issues no matter how big or little, and is amazingly responsive. Like the other reviews, this can affect her punctuality, but I really couldn't care less if I have to wait a while to see her I just bring a book. My co-worker thinks it's hilarious that I actually look forward to my "annuals" because I get to see Dr. Sweeney.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2006

Dr. Denise L. Sweeney's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)