Ratings for Dr. Michael K. Benson

While I believe Dr Benson to be quite knowledgable, his bedside manner is unacceptable. Made me feel demeaned and ashamed to be asking a normal question about pregnancy. He said it was "TMI" when I was discussing a matter with him. He spent 2 minutes with me after I waited 50 minutes to see him. Not going back I don't care how smart he is.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

Upon visiting Dr. Bensons office I had a great fear of going to an OB/ gyn. The office was efficient in getting me in quickly and when Dr Benson explained to me my test results and his treatment it calmed my fears and anxiety . He took all the time needed to answer my questions and concerns. The whole experience was good and unlike the negative comments I am glad I found him because he has changed my mind on going to the OB gyne.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

Dr Benson is a fantastic physician. He not only provided wonderful medical services but also helped me to understand the "why" of what was going on with my specific situation. I HIGHLY recommend him

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

I found Dr. Benson to be arrogant and lacking empathy. I got the impression I was taking up too much of his valuable time. He was very dismissive and condecending. He belittles the findings of other doctors, leaving me confused as to my next course of action. He seemed to be trying to impress me with his knowledge, rather than working with the findings of other doctors. I will make an effort to see someone else in his practice in the future. I was very upset with his lack of understanding and bedside manner.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Depending on what type of mood he is in, Dr. Benson can either be perceived as a great or a horrible Physician. He seems to know his stuff. But his office staff are a bunch of ****es.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

I love Dr. Benson. A friend of mine recommended him for my first pregnancy. He made me feel at ease. Was very warm with me and answered all my crazy questions. I had an emergency C-section and he made me feel like I was his only patient. I am now pregnant again and I can't wait for Dr. Benson to deliver this baby.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2011

I am shocked to see any negative comments about Dr.Benson. I guess you either get his dry sense of humor or not...and i get it. I was seeing Dr.Kirson until I met Dr. benson, since he was to be delivering my baby...and was so pleased with him I stayed with him. This was my first pregnancy and my delivery went smoothly thanks to Dr. Benson. I'm sorry the few on here did not have a positive experience, but it could also be that you were going thru a difficult time in your personal life that no one would have met your standards. I do have to stay the front desk golden girls can be a little rude at times.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

I recently had a miscarriage(my first pregnancy no less)! The office staff was less than understanding and made me feel like my loss was "no big deal". Dr. Benson was very cold and not very compassionate at a time when a patient needs the most compassion. He kept telling me that this sort of thing happens all the time and he was very nonchalant about it. WELL GUESS WHAT IT DOESN'T HAPPEN TO ME ALL THE TIME!. He was rude to my husband and the hospital staff when it came time for my D&C (by the way he made me wait 4 days before he would perform the procedure on me which prolonged my agony). Needless to say I will not be going back to him and will be changing OB/GYNS.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

I'm a 30+ year old woman who was done having children and has always suffered from heavy, long periods. Dr. Benson suggested a procedure that basically shortened my periods to a light day of spotting. Dr. Benson was very patient with my many questions, extremely reassuring and would not preform the procedure unless I was 100% ready. After the procedure (preformed in his office) he personally call me to see how I was doing. He had also call personally to set up the appointment. Still to this day I can't believe I have a doctor who has personally called my house. He can be humorous (at least to me) or serious. He may not be for everyone but I am so grateful to have found him!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

Dr. Benson is no-nonsense but trustworthy and competent. Although I no longer work near his practice, I will definitely continue to use him as my doctor. He was very effective in helping me quit smoking. I'd recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Michael K. Benson's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1982)

Commercial Insurance Company