Ratings for Dr. John R. Ruge

Dr. Ruge is an outstanding Doctor. My daughter had decompression surgery and she loved how compassionate he was. He has great bedside manner and is an outstanding Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. Ruge is in my opinion the best neurosurgeon in the world! He did emergency surgery on me 21 years ago after a traumatic brain injury that occurred when I got hit by a car! On a scale of 1 to 10 I give him a billion! He will always have a special place in my heart

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr. Ruge is completely responsible for saving my daughter's life. She was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 2 1/2 yrs. old. She is now 13yrs. and is living a full and healthy life. He is one of the most compassionate and qualified Doctors I have encountered in my many years of dealing with our health issues. What higher reccommendation can I give, I trust him with my child's life!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2013

A great surgeon! He saved our son's life and handled himself like a professional the whole way through. He is honest and caring, a rare combination. He does not sugarcoat things, which we really appreciated. A great person and doctor. We feel so lucky he did our sons surgery and helped us through the whole process. He checked on us every day!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

This is a great doctor. I had a skull fracture from a wild baseball pitch. Dr. Ruge saw my CT scan on a Sunday night and responded immediately. Because he reacted so quickly he avoided some unnecessary procedures. He is serious but patient. You cannot help but be confident in him. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Dr. Ruge performed surgery to remove a tumor in my spine. My orthopedic doctor called him about my case and Dr. Ruge was willing to see me right away. He also cleared his schedule to perform surgery the next morning. I can't say enough wonderful things about him! He was so kind, caring, willing to answer any questions, and most importantly an excellent surgeon. I really believe Dr. Ruge saved my life!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

Dr. Ruge saved my life. I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and he performed the surgery. He is kind, understanding, and extremely intelligent. Without reservation, I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

I am an 18 year old girl living as "normal" as a life as any other teenager does. If it weren't for Dr. Ruge performing my shunt replacement, i truly don't know where i would be. He has been my neurosurgeon for 15 years now and i wouldn't trust anyone else to do what he does.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Dr, Ruge is God's gift to any child who needs spina bifida/shunt surgery. He has dedicated his life for "our" children in this special area of medicine. We owe our daughters life to him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

This is the best damn doctor in the country. I have met hundreds. I trust him completely. His bedside manner is awesome. He is friendly, empathetic, smart and nice. On a scale of one to ten I give him a 7,000. He's just the best doctor I ever ever ever met!! His staff is good, too.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr. John R. Ruge's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal