Ratings for Dr. David M. Scher

I have had three surgies + a body cast under him and while it sucked that that had to happen, I know he made it as easy as possible for us. Very grateful!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

My son has been a patient of Dr. Scher for the last year. It was determined to do the surgery for my son for his clubbed foot. He is a knowledgeable doctor. He tried everything to try to avoid my son having surgery, but in the end, it was necessary. We would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

he's no idiot...duke and brown...has a good idea as to what might be wrong with my son(15) even though it is out of his specialty...spine, not hip (searching for months elsewhere)...spent time with us and gave an appropriate plan to search for answers...not going to hold your hand if you don't have a cute little, little one and aren't a park ave mom, but a good, bright doctor.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

He was not very helpful and did not take the time to pursue the medical issue we had. He said there was nothing wrong when in fact another doctor found something orthopedically wrong and fixed it. He was not very thorough and we had to wait an extremely long time before he even came in.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2012

We had a very bad experience with Dr. Scher. We found him to be insensitive and arrogant. He did not take the time to diagnose our daughter's condition. Our daughter is a ballet dancer and had been having a painful knee problem. He examined her and concluded that nothing was wrong with her. He suggested that she stop dancing and end her career so that the pain would go away. That was obviously not what we expected. A week later, we brought our daughter to someone else who noticed that she was toeing in when she walked. She told my daughter to stop doing that and her knee pain would probably go away. My daughter stopped doing it, and she was healed in 2 weeks. we paid a lot of money to see Dr. Scher, waited a long time, were treated with condescension, and got incorrect advice. We would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

We went to see Dr Scher for a diagnostic evaluation for my daughter. Dr Scher is very caring, patient and attentive doctor. He addressed all the questions I had and gave helpful and fully informative answers. I left his office with a high confidence in his verdict given it was supported by detailed evaluation, including x-rays. He gave detailed instructions on what to watch for in case the issue aggravates and what potential remedies can be used, both invasive and non-invasive. The office is well run with very friendly stuff which we don't see very often these days in doctors' offices. I definitely recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2010

Dr. Scher is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors we have ever met. He is attentive to the needs of the child, has wonderful beside manner and explains himself in a way that not only the parent understands but the child as well. Our family would highly recommend Dr. Scher to anyone that has a child with an orthopaedic problem. You will not be dissapointed with the care and service your receive from him or his staff.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2008

We were very pleased with the doctor's care and attention he gave our daughter. The devotion and concern was a breath of fresh air after going through such a hard time. We would recommend Dr. Scher to everyone.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2006

Dr. David M. Scher's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Workers Comp