Ratings for Dr. Jules I. Scherr

Dr. Sherr has been my doctor for 20 years. He has delivered my daughter and also performed surgery on me. At all times he was professional,kind and understanding.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

I went to Dr Scherr because I was having problems with ovarian cysts. At first, her was very nice. He had suggessed that I try Lupron shots. He said that it would put my body into a fake menopause and that it should help with my problem. I said that I did not want a temporary fix and that there had to be another alternative. So we agreed that he would do surgery to remove the cysts. Within 2 months of the surgery, I was having the same pain that I had prior to the surgery. He sent me for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed that I had cysts back, the same size that he had removed. When he told me they were back, he said I had to options...to live with the pain or do the lupron shots. I walked out of the office never to return. I went to another GYN, Dr Steven Miller. He fixed everything!!! Run far and fast away from Dr Scherr!!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

I can not begin to say how horrible this doctor is ..... I was 17 when i gave birth to my first child! He made it the most horrific experience i could ever imagine... they say the birth of ur child is to be the most memorable happiest moment of your life... this was the opposite, he accused me of not pushing ... set forceps all over the room and threw my family out because i was crying. A real Adam Henry! My son was 4 weeks over due and nearly no amniotic fluid around him... DO NOT USE HIM and for the record my name is April!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2010

His staff is very rude. He didn't seem to know what he was doing at all and was unpleasant and uncaring. I was happy to change doctors at that point.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

I saw Dr. Scherr when I had a miscarriage. It was a terrifying and horrible experience. He refused to believe me when I told him I had been pregnant. His office staff was very rude and condescending. Upon finding an "enlarged uterus," instead of maybe taking my word that I had been pregnant—he sent me to get lots and lots of tests. Then because he saw an ovarian cyst (a normal occurrence when pregnant) he said I might have ovarian cancer. Thank goodness I left! After having a second miscarriage, I discovered from another doctor, I just had low progesterone. IOW, if Dr. Scherr had listened to me and treated me like a human being, that second miscarriage could have been prevented. Luckily, I got pregnant a third time and with progesterone therapy, I have had a beautiful, healthy baby.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Dr Jules Scherr should have chosen another profession. He does not represent the healthcare professional image well at all, not too mention his care was poor and offered with obvious disinterest. We are very sad we chose our first pregnancy to be his privilege, he disrespected the patient/doctor trust. He left us with some unpleasant if not hurtful experience details.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

I saw Dr. Scherr during my first pregnancy. Only because he was the back up for my regular Dr. while she was on vacation. I has several occassion of bleeding and being my first pregnancy I was scared everytime. He was rude and rough increasing the bleeding after the exam. I called his office to ask if everything was ok once I left and was blown off. he is a jerk and a crappy Dr.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2008

He was my ob during a normal pregnancy. Early on my treatment was wonderful. He listened and his staff were very sweet, if overworked and usually at least 1/2 hour behind. Then I started seeing him at the Reisterstown office, I was his last appt most days and I always felt rushed. Sometimes he was in such a hurry that he beat me out of the parking lot after the appt. He did sit with me and my husband to talk about possible IUGR when some measurements came back weird and that was nice, but it was the exception not the rule. He NEVER reviewed my chart before coming in to the room. A woman in labor doesn't need to hear "I can't find the bleeding," and there were issues with my cord blood retrieval. During my follow-up appt he said "Who did your episiotomy?" Um, it was a 1st degree tear, and YOU sewed it up. "Who delivered you?" Um, YOU DID! I don't expect him to remember but read my chart! Then he did an internal exam so rough it tore me back open a bit. I'm not going back for GYN care.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2008

The staff is very rude. The only copay they will take is cash. If you don't have cash, they will send you home. I have been seeing Dr. Sherr for 15 years. He has changed in the past 5 years. When I started menopause, he would not talk about what was happening to me. He just wanted to put me on HRT. I refused and he got mad. I just changed doctors. I will not allow a doctor to disrepect me.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2007

I just did not like his overall attitude. I just found out I was pregnant he didn't take the time or care to sit and discuss ANYTHING. All he did was send me out for a sonogram. And then when I made another appointment for the results - his receptionist called and said he was in the hospital with heart problems. I just don't need a doctor that needs a doctor at this point in my life.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2007

Dr. Jules I. Scherr's Credentials

• Howard Univ Coll Of Med, Washington Dc 20059 (Grad. 1974)

Top Hospitals in Westminster, MD