Ratings for Dr. James Y. Yip

Is an excellent Doctor very professional and respectful..

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr. Yip delivered my second child. He asked the nurse to make me wait to push until he could get there from another delivery at a different hospital. I spent 30 minutes, fully dialated, in agony when I should have just went ahead and pushed. It was obvious he just wanted the money from being the one to deliver the baby. He was literally in the room for maybe 10 minutes total, never spoke to me and directed all questions, including whom to hand my daughter to, to the nurse. Worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

I transferred to dr yip from a recommendation after leaving the Bay Area due to domestic violence. I am 7 months pregnant with twins. Before I even saw the dr. his staff called me to ask me to pay the bill they had projected for me. I was shocked how they could approximate a bill without seeing my medical records or being treated. Additionally, the Dr. didn't address several my concerns and was very cold in terms of beside manner. I would have driven an hour an a half to stay with my old obgyn just so I could feel comfortable. This practice made me feel extremely worried and uncomfortable. They didn't seem to care and causes me more stress in an already stressful time. I would not go back there again.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

Dr. Yip - Not recommended - little bedside manner - does not listen to his patients - almost sued Hera Medical Group for mal-practice

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

Dr. Yip is very caring and knowledgeable. He and his fellow doctors at Hera Medical Group took excellent care of me with both of my pregnancies. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an obstetrician / gynecologist.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Dr Yip, was my doctor with my first child he was very knowledgeable and always answered my questions. My pregnancy was also a high risk with gestational diabetes. I would recommend him any time he is very truthful.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2010

Dr yip was my Gyn for ten years. I have seen his office grow and the respect from the doctor community in Modesto grow as well. he is the one they or their wives go to for care. I was disappointed to see the reviews from women who experienced the briefest period of care while he was on call for doctors who could not be bothered to come to the delivery. Dr yip has always taken the time to answer all of my questions intelligently and went out of his way to help me get a serious problem rectified. His office was always prompt but very busy. His bedside manner, the effectiveness of his RN staff, his willingness to call everyone back every evening so that you do not have to go through another sleepless night, put him over the top in my book. If i did not live in another state, he would still be my gyne

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

He did laperoscopy, didnt solve my problem but the scar isnt bad he did a good job with that and he didn't make my problem worse or create new scar tissue I just came out the same as I went in Did clear up bleeding wit a different procedure that was good but bleeding came back looking fo new doc

flag | Submitted February 18, 2007

Dr yip didn't solve most of my problems, he dismissed my severe debilitating pain. He didn't care about me at all. Do no harm probably means nothing to him. Alot of them care only about the$

flag | Submitted November 18, 2006

dr. kip delivered my baby since the my doctor didn't make it in time. he did not say anything to me I didn't evern realize he was there until a nurse spoke to him. he never spoke to me just delivered and walked out very inpersonal.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2006

Dr. James Y. Yip's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)