Ratings for Dr. Esther J. Tow-Der

3rd visit to Dr. Tow-Der..... WILL NOT GO BACK!..... 2 hour wait with no notification of the long wait & no apology or explanation. Very bad bedside manner- talks as though she is better than you and your thoughts do not matter - she acts as though she knows what's best for you but doesn't take the time to fully understand the medical history and problems - don't expect to see a Dr. That truly wants to understand and resolve the issue. It seemed the office was more keen on getting as many patients in and out- vs providing high quality of care...

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Well I went with my daughter to have her checked out she because she is extremly anemic & I wanted some testing done on her to make sure she didn't have any type of bleeding problems (blood diseases) well our first visit was less than enjoyable this doctor seemed very irritated when I had any input about my concerns for my daughter...any questions that I asked she responded as if I were stupid for even asking!! She was even sarcastic at times...this woman acts as if she is just so irritated by any input whatsoever!! I did stand my ground on our second visit with concerns that I was having about my daughter & she was just so rude with every response. ..this doctor definitely needs to take a "people skills" class because she was the most unfriendly doctor I have ever met...she didn't even respond to me when I was leaving & said goodbye and thank you!! Definitely switching doctors because I refuse to deal with this type of behavior!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Need to call in sick from work to get this long appointment. Appointment date I waited 30 minutes so I asked the receptionist and was informed that the Doctor is attending to a delivery and was requested to wait. I ask for another doctor if possible because I cannot afford another "call in from work". but was told to either wait or reschedule..So upset, I told them to pay my "day pay" for missing work for the day and just left and look for a clinic who can help me..

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Dr. Ester Tow - very intelligent and knowledgable - NO bedside manner or empathy for patients - quick to blame other doctors or medical facilities for the medical errors of Hera Medical Group - NOT recommended - almost sued Hera Medical Group for medical mal-practice

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

Dr. Tow has taken care of me and performed surgery on me last year. She was always very caring and willing to answer my questions. Her exams were always as gentle as possible for a pelvic exam and pap smear.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

I went to Dr Tow when I found out I was pregnant and she was very rushed and seemed unwilling to answer any of my questions in depth. I ended up having a miscarriage and required a DnC and all she could say was "You can be back to work in a few days" She may be an excellent dr when it comes to technique but her people skills are deplorable

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

My visit with this doctor was very uncomfortable. The one good thing was that the office was new and clean, but thats it. Dr. Tow-Der was very impatient and didn't want to answer my concerns. She makes it very clear that her time is more important than the patient's. I came in to get checked for abnormalities that seem to run in my family these abnormalities can only be found with an ultrasound, apparently the office doesn't have an ultrasound machine because I had to make an appointment with another office to get the ultrasound (what kind of OBGYN office doesnt have an ultrasound machine handy?!) Not only that, she made me feel stupid for thinking I could have this condition and I had to INSIST to get it checked. I ended up having the condition I suspected and all she did was offer to prescribe birth control! I am now seeing another OBGYN. All I have to say is STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2010

Her staff was friendly enough and she was very prompt but that's where the good qualities end. My pelvic exam was over in like 15 seconds-how thorough can that be? I was very nervous about my appt b/c I looked up the symptoms I was having and they all fell under ovarian cancer but when I brought this up she poo poo'd it and said I wasn't in the age group(I'm 35) and my reply was "That's what they said about thyroid cancer too and I have that". She basically made me feel like I was an idiot for even bringing up my concerns and made it clear that the only reason she was sending me for tests was to "put me at ease". She rushed and spent maybe 5 mins total in the room. When she called with the results she tells me they came back normal with a cyst on one ovary and I was still concerned b/c of all the other symptoms I'm having and she rushed me off the phone with "we'll put you on birth control" (every gynos quick and easy answer for everything). I will NOT be going back.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2009

I went to Dr. Tow for years and never had a problem. Annual exams are never fun, but they were never painful; she always narrated what she was doing every step of the way. She was always smiling and answered my questions completely. When I developed menorrhagia (the required biopsy hurt a little) she gave me my options; I wanted the least invasive, so we tried that. It didn't solve the problem, so in 2005 I decided on a hysterectomy, which she performed. Her staff even called around to other doctors to see if they had some reserved OR time that they weren't going to need so that I could have my surgery and be healed in time for a previously scheduled trip. There were no complications and I can't even see the scar any more. She came to check on me on her day off, and signed for me to stay in the hospital an extra day when I asked for it (my husband was sick at home). I'm not sure where these 'rude' and 'rough' comments are coming from; I found her to be a very caring, informed doctor.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

Dr. Tow is very rough and the experience is painful. She is inattentive and not someone I would feel secure with if I had any type of female problem that I was concerned about.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2009

Dr. Esther J. Tow-Der's Credentials

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)