Ratings for Dr. Mark S. Potenza

Just don't understand the negative reviews. We live outside of Watertown answer have seen Dr. POLENZA twice and have had 2 skin cancer areas removed. One being next to the nose and this doctor did such a fantastic job no scar is visible. The staff is friendly and kept us at ease. The doctor was friendly and the professionalism was top notch. He explained everything to us before starting and my husband who is needle shy thinks he is a 5 star physican.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr. Potenza LACKS Bed Side Manner, He is EXTREMELEY RUDE and ARROGANT. Dr. Potenza Lacks compassion for his patients

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

My original Dr. passed and all my records got transfer to Dr. Potenza. Gave him a chance. After numerous visits and procedures never really had to may issues besides billing was a big question everytime. Was a patient for years and did not need any services from him in a while. Try to make an appointment and they want to treat me as a new paitent again since I haven't been there in a while. Well you have all my records,charts,photos etc etc.. but I'm a new paitent?? Should be more like we need a reason to bill you for an office visit cause you haven't been in and then come back in 2 weeks so we can bill you for another office visit for what you originally wanted to come in for, even though you have been a paitent for years.Well I feel like I am getting railroaded and will not be going back.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013

Saw Dr. Potenza twice. I was impressed the first time but he failed to do anything he said as he was not a participating physician in our supplemental insurance. He said to make another appointment to discuss what was learned, etc. The second appointment apparently was a surprise to him as I assume I was supposed to be discouraged from the information I recieved. He then repeated the same information with higher costs and complained about Medicare, etc. He had said he would send a letter to the insurance company, etc. and again he repeated this. None of this happened and the whole thing was witnessed by my husband. I did not pay the difference on the second bill and wrote that the appointment was worthless. I have no idea of the quality of his work but it appeared that he was doing dermatology-type things for older patients.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2009

friendly, conservative and VERY good w/ a needle!Does NOT do or fix anything, cosmetic, unless patient feels he/she definitley wants it. Scars are almost not visible. Staff is efficient, atmosphere is relaxed and calming and care is THE BEST!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

Dr. Mark S. Potenza's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1985)

• BCBS Massachusetts