Ratings for Dr. Gene L. Hawkins

Dr Hawkins is efficient, professional, compassionate, knowledgable and listens well. He's been my doctor for 15 years and I don't have one bad thing to say about him. His staff works very hard to accomodate walk-ins, answer your calls, and get you in and out of there fast.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Gene Hawkins for over 25 years and would not consider another doctor. He has always been informative, patient and thourough. He has seen me through two surguries, himself and recommendations of other surgeons. I have never had an issue. My recoveries were speedy and the staff has always been friendly and helpful to me.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

DR. Gene Hawkins is by far the worst doctor I've ever been too. I went to him regarding my high blood pressure & other symptoms. He only checked my lungs & said it was probably anxiety. The office is filthy & depressing. His staff is extremely rude & unwilling to help. Will not be returning to this office!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

The two doctors at this practice (Hawkins and Roberts) were professional and seemed very knowledge. However, there support staff was surly and impatient. The staff seemed annoyed by even the slightest request. I'm a new patient but so far my experience has been that the staff is very slow to return calls or don't return them at all. I rate the doctor low on helpfulness due to it been so difficult to receive care and/or clarification on my treatment. I'd prefer not to go through the hassle, but I will most likely end up changing doctors.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010

Ive been a patient of Dr. Hawkins for quite a while. I think dr. hawkins is a great dr and i have nothing but good a good experience from him and his staff. The only complaint I have is everytim you call to make an appointment , I always get placed on hold for long periods of time

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Beware of this office. Dr. Hawkins seems to be a mildly competent doctor, but he is clearly overworked. A month turnaround for appointments. Long wait times in the office. One example: I was instructed by his office to take a sample to a nearby lab in Hermosa Beach and I'd have results in 3-5 days. Weeks later, I hadn't heard anything from the lab or from Hawkin's office so I followed up. They hadn't yet received results. I waited another week. Still nothing. Once again, I followed up. The nurse ("Yadera") said the lab had lost the sample! I asked why no one bothered to contact me since so much time had passed. She said "Dr Hawkins has over 100 patients and he gets very busy." So that's an excuse to ignore the well being of your patients? Until Hawkins decreases his patient load to something more manageable, I'd steer clear from this office...where clearly you are a NUMBER.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2009

Dr. Hawkins is extremely professional and very nice. But is office staff is awful. Very arrogant, rude, and obnoxious!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Although I personally like Dr. Hawkins, I was not comfortable with the staff and facilities (looks a bit like a free clinic with disgustingly stained chairs in the waiting room). When I spoke with a staff member concerned about some important test results, nobody returned my call to discuss them. I don't feel I can entrust this organization with my health.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2008

support staff not up to speed, but Dr. Hawkins is a fantastic doctor who makes up for this shortfall

flag | Submitted September 12, 2006

Dr. Gene L. Hawkins's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Manhattan Beach, CA