Ratings for Dr. Roger E. Wetherbee

Like others said this doctor is condescending. Wouldn't even order follow up blood work to be careful which is why I saw him as he had appointment availability fast. Regardless if a doctor is in need there are others. Also for lyme there are better doctors too the id comkunity is out of touch with lyme. Lyme specialists - llmds could be the best bet for help with lyme.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

One must remind the Doctor why you came otherwise he'll forget and avoid a resolution. Should be forced to retire.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

my husband asked dr wetherbee , if it could be lyme disease , he said NO its not lyme , moved on to opening his text books , when in fact it was lyme disease with a co infection , this doctor says hes a lyme specialist and parasite specialist , take your diplomas off the wall and retire .

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Wetherbee's for approximately 27 years. He has always been concerned and has always gone out of his way to be there for me. I'm not sure why others have rated him the way they have, but I find it hard to imagine him treating patients they way they have described. When I've had a symptom that is not his specialty he has always referred me to the best. I have such trust in him that my children now use him. I dread the day he decides to retire. I hope that day never comes!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

I was relieved to find the other reviews about this doctor on this site, as they completely mirrored my own experience with him. I found him to be incredibly condescending and dismissive.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

I don't know why the previous people rated Dr. Wetherbee so poorly. All I can say is that he was the nicest concerned Doctor that I've seen in a long while and he got my diagnosis correct!!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2009

This Dr. should be reviewed by his superiors. The office visit was very condescending. When I called about my test results, he told me that I didn't have an infectious disease and further, that I imagined it. He then asked to speak to a member of my family and had the nerve to say the same thing! Still astonished, I called back that afternoon and asked for my test results to be sent. After more than a week had passed and no tests arrived, I called back to find out why. I was told by his staff that my test results couldn't be sent out because they hadn't come in yet !!! When I finally did receive my tests, two indicators for infectious disease were positive and one of the results indicated that further testing was necessary. His behavior was not only unprofessional, it was incompetent!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2009

Saw him only a few times before switching doctors. I found him condescending and very traditional/close-minded, and unwilling to explain anything to me. I'd been diagnosed with high blood pressure, and when I asked him about lifestyle changes, he actually told me that diet and exercise don't affect blood pressure, and that all I could do was take meds for the rest of my life. He then proceeded to prescribe a fairly high-dose med, but I never filled the 'scrip; instead, I went to someone else. Since leaving him, I've found that diet and exercise adjustments have definitely made a difference. He seemed as if he was ready to retire and just didn't care much anymore.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008

Condescending. Failed to notify me of important test results, and blamed me for not taking the initiative when I thought he would contact me if action was needed. When I was in the hospital, he said to me, "There is only one of me, while there are many of you -- that is, the patients."

flag | Submitted January 1, 2006

Dr. Roger E. Wetherbee's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)

MSP/BC Med