Ratings for Dr. Hani J. Tuffaha

This man is a real piece of work. He clearly thinks it is acceptable to talk down to people without knowing a thing about them. I have never come across a human being who behaves in such a manner. I worked in a prison and received far more respect there. This man is not worth the money. There are plenty of doctors more deserving of our time and probably more trustworthy. I have to question his ability when he needs to behave in such a manner. Why is he hiding behind this demeanor. He clearly lacks self confidence, which makes me lack confidence in him.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

1995 I was operated on .. I could not walk at the time.... Disc at L4 for L 5... Was badly herniated..... God used this doctor's hands to fix me...... I have been working. Since the operation.... Miracles come to those that ask ..... this man save my life .... very talented very kind.. very knowledgeable.... he will be a great loss to the medical community.... if he ever retires

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

Its been 6 months since Tuffaha operated on my back and I still cant work and he only saw me once since the operation & that was to take staples out. The receptionist keeps telling me to stay off work until I feel ready to go back but I would like to know why after 6 months I feel exactly like I did before I had surgery. It's like once he operates on you then that's it. Don't bother him.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

He is a great surgeon. He has done 2 different brain surgeries on me. Both successful. But.. the aftercare on the second surgery was/is horrendous. I am having some sort of allergic reaction to the stitches inside my scalp so I went back to see what was going on. He looked at my incision, saw that it was all red, swollen and weeping and did nothing. Just told me to go home it was not a problem. Well it is almost 2 years since my surgery and still I have stuff oozing out of my scar. Quite scary. I would go back but I see no point in paying him another $40 copay to be told go home. I know he has saved my life twice but really.. why do I have to put up with my head always oozing juice from my scar because of a reaction to the stitches placed inside my scalp? Should be easy for him to remove them somehow. He is a surgeon after all. I am quite torn on how to rate him. I know he is a great surgeon. He loves to operate. But once he is done, he is done. No aftercare what-so-ever. Strange

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

I recommend him without hesitation. Excellent surgeon. Caring and compassionate. No complaints whatsoever.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2010

If you are from out of state, have no insurance, there's nothing wrong with you. Go home and get a massage. He dismissed my lower back pain as nothing. Nothing he could make money on since I have no insurance.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

In 2007 I had mutiple levels of fusions done in my low back . I found his staff to be very knowledgeable and helpful. The doctor is the best of the best in this region. He won't perform a surgery unless you really need it. He and his partner made a huge difference in my quality of life.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2010

Wonderful Doctor who made my life much better. Would recommend this doctor without any reservation!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

THis Doctor and another that works with him keep me walking in 2006 and not in a wheelchair when the fused my lumbar area. Go tomorrow for anotgher surgery with him , but on my neck this time around. Nice doc and person.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

I had surgery at 2pm. Got back to my room by 6:30pm, didn't see the dr til 11pm. He poked his head in for about 30 seconds and then left and I didnt see him again til my checkup to get staples removed. On average I waited 1.5 hours after my apt time to see the dr. I still have problems but not dr's fault. Not very helpful for a cure/answer to the problem. Knows his stuff. Quick office visit, average 10 minutes. I would recommend him to anybody despite his less than perfect ratings.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2008

Dr. Hani J. Tuffaha's Credentials

• Univ Of Cairo, Fac Of Med, Cairo, Egypt (330-02 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1971)

Kaiser-Permanente