Ratings for Dr. Joel C. Ang

I HAVE been going to this office for ovet 40 years. On one of my last visits he did not explain but stated he could not continue seeing me for $100.00 a visit. I am a disabled Veteran he put my mental and physical health In jeopardy.. In like his predecessor he is not here to serve the Community that i have fought so hard to serve and protect He is in it for the monies only. I am in the process of filing charges that he has discriminated against a Disabled Veteran.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Some here have commented about Dr. Ang's thoroughness. I have to disagree. Dr. Ang reviews the results of the blood work and other tests with you. But he does not -- ever -- examine your body. He does not look down your throat. He does not look into your ears. He does not feel your abdomen. He does not listen to your heart and lungs. He simply sits behind his desk and reviews printouts of your blood work. So it does not really surprise me to learn that one patient with appendicitis went to see Dr. Ang, and Dr. Ang sent the patient home with antacids. Dr. Ang is very pleasant, but he apparently has some problem with examining, touching, or listening to his patients' bodies.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

Dr. Ang is great. Fully functional lab at his office so that by the time you see Ang, he has all of your blood work right in front of him. No waiting days, weeks or longer while the doc sends your fluids to some off-site lab. This does add some time to the office visit but it is well worth it considering you know just what all of your readings are before you leave his office. Very compassionate and caring man. Stays in touch with my other physicians which helps ensure consistency of care. He is very knowledgeable and genuinely care for his patients. The best doctor with the best facilities I have ever been to in my entire life. If you want a great doctor who will give you great care, go see Ang.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

Too many tests with no follow up from Dr. Ang. After years of good care at Qstreet medical - Dr. Ang is the only doctor left there and he is rude as well as quick to give prescriptions without evidence from blood tests etc. NOT RECOMMENDED!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

They run lots of uneccesary tests. Full blood and urine workup every visit, because they have their own lab on site.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

TRULY THE WORST! Very disappointed!I asked to be tested for STDs,was asked to go to the front desk and pay $290 first.I was told "we don't test you for STDs unless you have symptoms,if you still want to do it,you need to pay in advance!"MY TESTS were lost,they tried to cover up.My ins. asked my doctor's office to verify a prescription only because it is injectible. Dr Ang e-mails me "We have other patients to deal with" "Next month, change your health insurance that won't have this problem or pay cash".

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

Great doctor. Been there for years. Lab testing onsite and the best doctor in DC.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

When I first moved to DC, I had been living overseas since my teens and unfamiliar with the US healthcare system, so when I went to Dr. Ang's office for minor problems such as common cold, skin irritations, ect., I was not alarmed that he made me take a full physical (blood, urine, pressure, ect.) EVERY SINGE TIME. They probably cost my insurance thousands of dollars each time, unnecessarily. I am a healthy person in my early 30’s, with only a minor allergy problem during the spring, for which I take over-the-counter zerteck, two months out a year. However, when I switched to being self-employed, I couldn't get any decent individual health insurance due to the excessive cost to my previous insurer incurred at Dr. Ang's. I finally had to pay over $300 per month, for a plan that has a high deductable. I would not recommend Dr. Ang to anyone, and would advise all I know to avoid him. He conducts are probably borderline legal, but are extremely unconscionable for a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Great visit! They provide you with a ton of information and Dr. Ang explains it very well. He made me very comfortable and spent 30 minutes with me alone. It was a 2 hour visit but I never felt ignored and was moved through the process efficiently. Everyone is very nice and helpful!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

I found Dr. Ang to be very thorough in his evaluation of my overall health. It's a welcome change to have a doctor that evaluates not only the symtoms you walk-in with, but does an overall health scan to ensure you are on solid ground for the future. I have never felt so well evaluated in my life. He's great!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2008

Dr. Joel C. Ang's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)