Ratings for Dr. Bob J. Newbell

My experience with Dr Newbell was awful. He could care less about you as a person. He does not get to know you! Just a slam bam appointment with most of the work being done by his physicians aid. I would definitely not recommend him!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

This is by far the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. When Newbell finally came in, he had some young woman, whom he didn't bother to introduce or explain why she was there, follow in behind him. They proceeded to joke and flirt with each other, hardly acknowledging our presence. After describing my symptoms (and getting a quickly stifled laugh from the superfluous girl in the room) and doing a lab test, he actually "congratulated" me for being a "proud owner of strep throat." Obviously, I was not in a joking mood. I asked if I could get something in addition to antibiotics to help with pain, and he looked at me like I was an addict, saying that "Tylenol works." When my boyfriend asked if there was anything he could do to keep from getting it, he didn't deign to reply, instead merely pointing at the hand sanitizer. If you want a doctor to at least pretend to have a shred of human compassion, look elsewhere. If you want rude, pretentious, and uncaring, he's the one for you.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Excellent doctor! He will get to the bottom of what is wrong, if he can't figure it out he will refer you to someone who can help. I've been with him from the start of his practice. Hope he stays around for quite a while! Don't know why anyone would complain about him. Remember that dr's are people too!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

All I can figure out the good ratings on this doctors must be from him. His representation in Hazel Green is very poorly. I had medical problems that was diagnosed correctly. I did not have a good experience with the rude doctor. I had a blood test done for a physical and the office called to report the results. Left message for me to call and I called & the nurse said he wasn't available at the time and I told her I have tried desperately to get in contact with him. Leave a message with my wife since we were playing phone tag. Then a few days later I got a certified letter that he was dropping me as his patient. Thank goodness I now am in care of a profession caring physician.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

He was very rude and he had very limited knowledge on my medical issues. He was by far the worst doctor that i have ever been too. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2011

Best doctor in town! Absolutely love him. He does have a unique bedside manner but it isn't bad. His humor can be dry at times and he is very straightforward. I highly recommend him. He and all of his office staff are great! Usually on time too.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

I have chronic conditions. His staff have been very accomidating with referrals and dealing with my beurocratic insurance company. He is honest about the limitations of his knowlege and will refer you to someone else when it is beyond his family practice scope. He takes a while to get used to with regards to bedside manner. He is attentive, just very matter of fact. Be prepared for heavy use of computers in the office/ exam room. All in all a adequate family practice doctor.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

I am a new patient of Dr Newbell and he and his staff were top notch from the time I called them to the time I saw them for my appointment. Everyone really understood my health issues and seem really interested in helping me address them. I am glad I found a dependable, respectful and knowledgeable doctor who has a great support staff. I cant say the same about my previous doctor.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

I HAVE BEEN GOING TO DR. NEWBELL FOR 3 YEARS NOW. I LOKKED AND LOOKED FOR A DOC THAT I COULD TRUST AND THAT WANTS TO HELP ME NOT JUST TAKE MY MONEY. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY NICE AND TOOK THE TIME TO ACTUALY LISTEN. NOT ONLY HAS HIS DIAGNOSES ALWAYS BEEN CORRECT HE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT MEDS TO PUT ME ON TO SOLVE MY ILLNESS. THANK YOU DR. NEWBELL...I HIGHLY RECOMEND!!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2008

I've been going to Dr. Newbell for almost a year now. He is very knowledgeable and has a down home attitude. Very friendly and will and able to help! Highly recommended!!! -David B.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2008

Dr. Bob J. Newbell's Credentials

• Univ Of Tn, Memphis, Coll Of Med, Memphis Tn 38163 (Grad. 1998)