Ratings for Dr. F. CALAME Sammons

Dr. Sammons is a GREAT doctor. Fixed my back and both knees. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

I had a wreck when I was 11 and got dr Simmons by chance in the emergency room. He did a 8 hour surgery that night and I ended up staying in Huntsville hospital for 3 months . I got an infection in my bone and ended up having 7 surgeries in my foot. He was great to me . I think he was.Go send. There is no way I'd be walkingwith my foot if God had not used this doctor. I will always be indebted to him for what he did for me.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Amazing staff! I herniated my back and they are fixing me instead of medicating me. Scheduled my surgery within a week. Can't wait to get back to normal. Highly recommend them. Sending my husband over after I'm all fixed up.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Be careful, his bed side manners r bad couldn't understand him?

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

The first time I met with Dr. Sammons-I had to wait 2 hours in waiting room in terrible pain. He was very matter of fact and not very encouraging and I didn't want to go back to him. My family doctor insisted that he was the doctor to get to the cause of my pain, so I did go back. He was much nicer the 2nd visit and took a lot of time trying to figure out the source of my pain. It took 6 weeks of different tests before the problem was diagnosed. He then recommended surgery on L4-5. I had the surgery and I have been doing great since Dec. 2009. Great doctor-highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

I have had Dr Sammons as my orthopedist for 16 years. He did my first fusion when I was 16 due to a cyst on my spine. I went 14 years w/o any problems. 2 years ago I had 2 herniated discs and he said he did not want to do surgery unless we absolutely had to. I made it 2 years until we had no other choices as we had tried physical therapy, TENS device, etc. There was no other choice other than surgery as it was an emergency situation, He was to go out of the country in 2 days and he did my surgery the day he had taken off to prepare for it (less than 24 hrs after he saw me in his office) since he knew I wanted HIM to do it. He is very knowledgable and very matter of fact, which I appreciate. He does not force decisions on you but rather gives you the different ways to treat your condition and will let you decide. When I ask him what he'd do if he were deciding for himself and he'll tell me, which a lot of Dr's won't do. On a side note, his father was also a Doctor and was also respected

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

Conservative enough to not have redo's and let's you know his professional opinion and reasoning behind it.Have had L3-L4 and L4-L5 6 years apart with excellant results. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Only does surgery when he thinks it will help you. He won't do it just because or just to try like many surgeons will. I had severe back pain and he tried everything before resorting to surgery. But we had to go that way and he helped tremendously! He and his staff are great. He will be very upfront with you but he is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Terrible experience. Waited more than 2.5 hours to be seen; doctor was rushed and not very concerned about helping me understand my condition and subsequent options. Do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

this man is a saint he is a healer and a great father

flag | Submitted November 1, 2006

Dr. F. CALAME Sammons's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1978)