Ratings for Dr. Philip S. Harry

Dr Harry was ok for the most part. 2 stars for the following ; 1. Ridiculous wait times. Everyone expects to wait but consistently waiting 1-1.5 hours past your apt. is crazy. 2. Called to get a copy of my records and was told it could be done same day but i had to come in to sign the release, no problem. So show up and sign the release and was told it'd be 3-4 days. I explained I had an appointment the next day and what I was told earlier in the week. Their response, "not our problem, that's the policy. " Office staff is incredibly rude and unprofessional. Only reason I gave 2 stars is because Dr was nice but now I have to see someone else about fixing my knee properly. Sad times.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. Harry was wonderful with my son and his broken foot. He was very patient and explained everything in "kid-friendly" terms. We were very pleased with the care that we received. I would recommend Dr. Harry to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I had been having shoulder pain for years, I had someone refer me to Dr Harry. At first I thought that he was knowledgeable. He sent me for an MRI which came back fairly normal, but he said that sometimes the MRI's are not conclusive....so scheduled me for shoulder surgery. He found nothing...oh, a possible impingement and he shaved some things down. My symptoms became worse after visiting their PT. So, I searched for another Ortho doc since he didn't feel there was anything wrong. I went to Richmond this time...guess what! An xray showed my issue! It turns out to be cervical, nothing was ever wrong with my shoulder!!!!! so, surgery for nothing! I am going to be scheduled for surgery soon for a multi-level fusion! I would not recommend, since he is not capable of putting symptoms to the correct diagnosis! Living with pain for way too long!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

My child had a simple wrist break. Dr. Harry had all the benefits of doing surgery instead of setting it in his office (child was knocked out, he could take his time, he could use special cameras, etc.). Still it went badly. First, he cast the arm right after surgery instead of splinting it to allow for the usual swelling. My child was in a lot of pain, and this practice can cause nerve damage. Second, the bone grew back too long and my child could not rotate the wrist at all. Dr. Harry knew something wasn't right, but told as that remodeling (growth until puberty) might help, and then acted like my child's problem was psychological when physical therapy wasn't working. We took my child to a fantastic orthopedic who did the procedure all over again, this time, using a pin to keep the bones in place. There is a possibility of some long term damage due to having back-to-back surgeries, but it is much better. Dr. Harry is a nice man but incompetent. So sad to say so.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

very friendly ands informative!he has great bedside manner. he is caring and gentle. i would recommend him if needed.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

I've seen Dr. Harry several times over the past few years - primarily for running related injuries. He's always been attentive and thorough, and fixed me up. Occasionally I've had to wait past my appointment time, but that's not unusual in any doctor's office with a busy practice.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

my child is 12 years old. her arm was and still in awful pain. dr. harry acted as if he did not believe her. we have since changed doctors and found that she has nerve damaged in her arm due to the injury. We went for several months before seeking another doctor. I feel that if he cared he would have been able to figure this out as well.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

I felt that he did not listen to me very well, he did not perform a very thorough exam and he was incorrect with his conclusion regarding the extent of my back problems. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2007

What a wonderful doctor,,,,,,I wish there were more of him in this town.,

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

Dr. Harry was wonderful when he saw my 2 year old son. When my son hurt his foot, the emergency room acted as if they didn’t know what to do with a toddler and a broken foot. Dr. Harry took the time to talk to my son, and really see what the problem was. He was an excellent doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2007

Dr. Philip S. Harry's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)