Ratings for Dr. Edwina E. Simmons

I was seeing her for pregnancy issues, and finally did get pregnant. After a very rough pregnancy, I had to be put on hospital bed rest for SIX WEEKS. She was rude during most of her visits to me while I was imprisoned for the sake of my twins. During that time, I had begun to develop stretch marks. I asked Dr. Simmons for fa lotion order (since that was the way it was done), and she refused. I beggee my husband for it; still refused. I found out that she had told my husband that I wasn't allowed anything for my skin, ever. I suffered horribly from excema from the time I was three and the canned hospital air made the itchy, dry sandpaper of my skin, break. I have stretch marks all over my body; I literally look like a zebra. I never undress with the lights on... Avoid her like your life depends on it.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Dr. Simmon is knowledgeable, she make you feel confident & relax that your in good care & company , she extremely helpful in directing you in positive thinking about your health & information to keep you on track. Dr. Simmon is so perlite she make you feel welcome, like family. She have great bedside manners & walk you through every procedure making sure that you feel you're in safe hands. Thank You, & Bless You Dr. Simmon for being a compassionate caring doctor that shows the concerned for her patients as though they are your family.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

Dr. Simmons is the best OB/GYN I've seen..She was the first one I went to when I was younger--I had to find another doctor for several years because she did not accept an insurance I had. I went back to her last year, after being diagnosed with cancer. Years had passed, and yet she was and is generally concerned about me. While going to the gyno is always an uncomfortable experience, Dr. Simmons has a bedside manner that calms you. And while I do have to see an oncologist for my hysterectomy, I'm still glad I can see her in between for questions and concerns. Sometimes there is a long wait---the best way to avoid it is to try to get the earliest appointment! Whenever I have an early appointment, I am in and out. I would recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2013

Same thing happened to me. i saw her back in jan 2012, my first apt to confirm pregnancy. they did all the usual tests, blood work ,culture etc . I got a call about a week later from the office saying i had the std Chlamydia!! At the time my bf ( childs father) had been together for 3 years. and have a very trusting relationship. i was devastated. Confronted him about it he said he had not cheated on me. It just didn seem right. b4 filling my prescription i got tested by my family physician, all std tests came back negative. would not recommend, plus her bedside manner was very kurt and rude. that was my very first and last apt.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Dr. Simmons is the best doctor around and especially for women. She is kind, very professional, knowledgable and I felt very comfortable talking to her about anything. She is terrific and I will always recommend her to my friends and family.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

Dr. Simmons is wonderful. She was able to really help me with my endometriosis. The best gyn I've seen.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2011

Plan on sitting in the reception area for at least an hour. She is a good doctor though.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

I went to Dr. Simmons a few years back. I asked her to test me for STDs even though I hadn't had any symptoms. Two months later I called to inquire about the results. I was then told that I had herpes. I was beside myself and very confused for two weeks. I then decided to get retested by another doctor who tested me and found that all herpes tests came back negative. I would not recommend Dr. Simmons.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

I am quite shocked at these positive reviews. I went to Dr. Simmons and she told me that she thought I had cancer. After a couple days of utter hell, I made an appt. with an oncologist who then told me I was given incorrect info. and that this was not the first time he had experienced this with Dr. Simmons. I have also had a few friends who were told that they had something horribly wrong only to be told later that that was not the case. She may "err on the side of caution" but I am honestly not sure if she knows what she is doing. I would NEVER receommend her anyone.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2008

She is a very thorough dr who usually errs on the side of caution

flag | Submitted September 5, 2008

Dr. Edwina E. Simmons's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Westlake, OH