Ratings for Dr. David L. Durst

I seldom give reviews, until lately, when I found myself looking for any/all reviews to help me make an informed decision about an upcoming surgery. I had BA with Dr. Durst ~1997. I, with my daughter present, specifically told Dr. Durst that I only wanted a "full B Cup - low C" augumentation, as I was/am a petite woman. When I came out from under sedation, I was horrified and embarrassed to learn he had placed breast implants sized D Cups. Both my daughter and I told him they were wrong but he insisted I told him D cups and refused to remove them. After, hiding behind loose tops for over two years, I finally had saved enough money to have them removed by another PS. Dr. Durst's bedside manners are so atrocious, his nurses actually make excuses for his behavior, saying, "he's just having a bad day, it isn't you." This was a horribly embarrassing and costly experience. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, after my surgery I was approached by one of my peers at work and she told me she had seen Dr. Durst to discuss getting a breast augmentation and he told, "he did yours!" I might mention, HIPPA laws had already passed and were in effect at this time. Horrible experience from beginning to end.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

If you have breast cancer and are considering this physician I would caution you to really do your research. I had a great plastic surgeon and allowed the general surgeon in my case to recommend this doctor instead... HUGE mistake!! This doctor not only had a horrible bedside manner but he also did irreversible damage in his choosing to cut across the breast rather than going under where there would have been better healing and little or no visible scaring. The option was never offered. Then when deciding on which implants he would use he decided on a textured performed implant that many doctors don't ever use due to there lack to mimick the actual breast. But this surgeon never gave me the choice instead he showed me what they would be using. After all of the surgeries to remove my god-given breast, add expanders and then put in place the implants one might think that the physician would at least ask the patient how they felt about the outcome but that didn't happen either. Once a woman's breast are removed and the implants are placed it would have been smart to use fat grafting to cushion the implants for better comfort that did not happen either. I seriously would never consider recommending this physician to anyone, especially in the case of breast reconstruction. I am grateful to my original plastic surgeon for redoing this surgery to correct all that he could. Note: there are great plastic surgeons in Huntsville... DYA are top notch!!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr. Durst did an amazing job on my Rhinoplasty, he had to actually reshape my nose due to scar tissue. I've always been self-conscience about my nose and now I feel beautiful! I will continue to recommend Dr. Durst to anyone looking to have anything done. I will definitely be a returning patient.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Great doctor / great staff. I chose the right organization for my need.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Dr. Durst replaced my breast implant that had been in for 21 years. There was a rupture and the implant was encapsulated not allowing the saline solution to drain. Dr. Durst did a fantastic job removing the old implant and replacing it with a new one. I am very happy with the results and would recommend his to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

Dr. Durst is awesome!! Everyone in the office makes you feel welcome. When I'm asked if I know a good surgeon, I tell them I know a great surgeon!! I definitely will come back if I need anything else!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr. Durst is a brilliant surgeon, a true artist. The staff is warm, friendly, caring and knowledgeable. I will definitely return for additional procedures and will recommend Dr. Durst and his staff to anyone who asks.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr Durst has excellent bed side manner and is very down to earth. He is extremely knowledgable and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I had a breast lift/reduction in 2013. Dr. Durst was very helpful, and the job he did was amazing! I had a problem with how I looked and he was there to help. I was even referred by a friend who had breast augmentation done, and the work he did on her was also wonderful. If you are looking for caring and polite staff, you will not find better people anywhere else. From the first visit until the last follow-up for your procedure, they are sweet and helpful the entire way. Never had to wait in the lobby before an appointment. He did my surgery in-house, which helps me because I'm not a fan of hospitals. All around one of the best things I have done for myself and I was thrilled to have Dr. Durst and his staff there to help.

Submitted September 10, 2014

I had a nose surgery done back in 2008. He removed the bump but left me with a crooked, uneven nose instead, so I still feel self conscious about my nose only now for a different issue. I looked online and it seems like he is not skilled for this type of surgery, he pretty much removed the bump and that's it, he didn't even out my nose. Si what I have not its a flat surface on the top of my nose and a 'normal tip' which makes it look like an inverted 'v' I went back to him with the issue and he didn't even see me, one of the girls there's just told me he will give me discount and fix the problem. He didn't even see me, why would I go back to him?? and on top of that have to pay him again to fix the mistake he made. I have gone to see other surgeons to consult about fixing the problem and a revision Rhinoplasty costs way more because its reconstructing the nose all over! $8,000 and up. So I will have to live with a crooked nose for a while until I can afford fix it.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. David L. Durst's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Mo, Columbia Sch Of Med, Columbia Mo 65212 (Grad. 1981)

MSP/BC Med