Ratings for Dr. K. Anthony Shibley

I had a traumatic birth experience because of Anthony Shibley. When I tried to speak with the clinic about it I was treated with incredible disrespect. I discovered this wasn't the first time a patient had complained about him, yet he refuses to learn from his mistakes.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2020

Dr. Shibley is by far the best doctor I have had...I have had severe menstrual bleeding and problems with fibroids and several other issues for many years and have dealt with doctors that were far from caring and very unprofessional...I did not feel comfortable with anyone doing my surgery of a complete hysterectomy until I met Dr. Shibley who was so knowledgeable, caring, concerned and sincere. He treated me with respect and as an individual...not a number. Was very patient and took the time to answer ALL my questions and not just give me a short response of what he thought I should know. The surgery went well and even at my follow up appointment he always took the time to make sure my questions were answered. My surgery was nearly 3 years ago and I have always felt so fortunate and grateful to have had Dr. Shibley as my attending physician and surgeon. He is a great asset to the Fairview health system and the type of doctor all doctors should model their profession after.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2019

Dr shibley delivered both of my sons and two of my sister’s kids (total of 7kids). Dr Shibley himself is one of best doctors that actually cares for his patients but the staff needs a lot of training on communication and compassion. It May be their regular or routine but for the patients, it’s suppose to be happy times for these moms to be.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

Dr. Shibley has delivered both of my kids! He is great. He is calm and attentive. He has always been there and answered all my questions for me. The Edina office is wonderful and clean. The staff has always been helpful and nice to me.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2018

Totally agree with previous comments that the Dr himself is great but the lab staff are terrible - very curt and unprofessional. They make you not want to go see the Dr when you need to.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. is wonderful but the staff not great. sadly you deal with the staff more than the doctor. I'm thinking of changing OB even though Shibley is wonderful. The nurses are just so rude and uncaring. Maybe there immune to miscarages and other medical problems but they should still be sensitive and caring to the patients.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

I am so grateful for the detailed and sympathetic care Dr. Shibley has given me for over 15 years - he sees the big picture. He cares for my daughter now, it's a blessing to have him care for two generations in our family.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Shibley, while knowledgeable, he is not very good at handling conflict. His staff is rude and uncaring, and definitely not into handling patients that need assistance. Yes, nurse...no, nurse... Just the facts. Shibley did not care to resolve a definite problem with staff friendliness.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Dr. Shibley Delivered 1 of my 3 children, by chance, not choice. ( I would have loved for him to deliver all) He is absolutely amazing and knowledgeable. He has great bedside manner, very attentive and will always listen before giving any suggestions on the next steps to be taken. He remains calm at all times which is exactly what you need when pushing a baby out. And my recoveries from 2 of my children that went smoothly and the best was when he was the doctor on call the next day that was assisting my recovery. He just knows. I would suggest anyone see him. I only gave the staff a 3 because I haven't always been thrilled with the nursing staff, they aren't very friendly and do a lot of talking about what they are going to do or did while they aren't at work. Focus girls, work is work. and even the front desk staff can be a little rude as well. Disappointing that they have quite a few amazing doctors at this clinic and their staff doesn't represent them well.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr Shibley delivered my 3rd baby and it was flawless. He was extremely caring and patient- taking time to explain and talk through anything I had questions on. My recovery was the easiest of all 3 kids - even with an episiotomy. When asked by my husband, the nurse described him as a genius! Would definitely recommend!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr. K. Anthony Shibley's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1989)

Kaiser-Permanente