Ratings for Dr. J. Michael Karst

Dr. Karst is the most brilliant physician in all aspects: professionalism, great bedside manners, listens to patients, and cares about his patients. I would recommend him to all my family members and others.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Doctor was decent and nice enough but the staff was absolutely unexceptable, they called in the wrong RX, also i had to keep going back to give blood samples because something kept "happening" to it. Each time i would wait like two weeks and finally call them and get the same response " oh we meant to call you" the doctor maybe be nice enough but i wont go to a doctor who allows his office to run this way

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Great Doc!! Genuinely cares for his patient's well-being. See him 4 times/year and he always remembers what is going on in my life, not just my health. He is very knowledgeable and is a good man. Takes time with his patients despite how busy he is. Has top notch staff that handle all situations with expertise and genuine care. Highly recommend Dr. Karst for any age patient.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

I have been seeing Dr Karst as my p/cDr. he has been an excellent internest, and has helped me with more health problems than any Dr. in my life, and I have truly had my share, and still do, he is on the spot with everything, ie he can't, he will get you someone who can!!! Thanks Dr. Karst. :-)

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Very pleased. Wait time is very low. Dr Karst takes the time to listen to my problems. I highly recommend his practice. Should have swapped to Dr. Karst 25 years ago!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I Have Been Going To Dr Karst For Many Years Also My Family Goes To Him As Well He Is A Down To Earth Nice Man Who Cares About His Patients :-)

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

I really feel fortunate to have Dr. Karst as my Primary Care Physician. He appears gruff at first,; but after the initial introduction, he listens to what you have to say and is very knowledgeable. He helps you in anyway he can & knows when you need further investigation by a specialist. If you should need test or an appointment with another physician his staff ate helpful in making the appropriate appointments & schedules for you. His nurse calls you personally once your test analysis are back to discuss them with you. I re reduced the number of stars for his staff because they seem a bit cold, unapprociable, and not very friendly. They are professional an helpful, but it's. as if they are going through the motions. But they are concerned and willing to help; you've just got to get past their initial exterior. THE wait time in his office is excellent. And your normally not waiting along with a bunch of other sick patients. I am very happy with the care and expertise I receive from Dr. Karst.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

Wonderful care, will listen to you, and is very thoughtful of your needs, gives and gets you the help you need, and always finds the time for you an apt.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2013

Great doctor who knows his job very well. Dr. Karst is probably one of the best doctors I have seen. His diagnosis has alway been spot on. His motivating words to me were to take the bull by the horns. So far, I am doing better.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Don't be fooled by his personality. I have used Dr. Karst for years, and while he is an excellent doctor, know that they way he treats his staff is shameful. He is nothing short of mean to them. He thinks that we don't hear him outside of our rooms cursing and slamming doors to his office. I don't know how the ladies that work for him take him 8 hours per day. He's nice to you face to face, but I've seen looks of disgust on his face when he comes out of a room with a patient. I also know that if he does that with other patients, I'm sure that he does it with me as well. It's something to definately keep in mind.

Submitted June 25, 2012

Dr. J. Michael Karst's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal