Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Dubocq

My husband had been sick for approx 8 months, experiencing Lyme disease symptoms when in NB it was consult after consult when no one was able to help him, he would have had Lyme disease symptoms for about 10 years undiagnosed. We met Dr.Dubocq June 2016 where after several questions, reviewing blood work, an a 4 hour appointment with him, the diagnosed was chronic Lyme. My husband was failing and declining fast, where working 5 days a week and traveling for work became difficult due to the brain fog. Dr.Dubocq has been very supportive, his knowledge is exceptional, his caring is beyond and we are so fortunate to have had the priviledge to meet him. My husband is doing fabulous and it's thanks to Dr Dubocq, he is on the right medication and treatment. We live in Hampton NB and we are surrounded by deer...but according to the medical society chronic Lyme does not excists.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

I seen Doctor Dubocq Oct 26 of this year.. He spends Quality time with you asking all the right Questions ..I had Sarcoidosis in 1977 & have had a Weakened Immune System since ,so After seeing many Rheumatologist throughout my Life saying Lupus & RA , & having Shingles 7 times & many surgeries & was scheduled for Carpel Tunnel operation.. One Doctor sent me for MRI which came with other results.So I sent my Blood to Igenex LAB in California for testing & Making an appointment with Dubocq ,,Finally we can as a Team kill these rotten germs out of my ENTIRE body.. Many Thanks to the entire TEAM ..I have LYME & I live in N.B.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

I am a Lyme Disease patient. I have been suffering with the disease for over ten years un-diagnosed until recently. Three months ago I was refereed to this Dr for treatment as there are very few doctors in the state that can treat it and set up an appointment to be seen by Mr Dubocq. During this time I was also filing for disability as the disease has become disabling. I had put this doctor on my application for disability, not as someone I had seen yet but as someone I was referred to and going to see on the 11th, just so they had the information. The state sent there office a request for records for whatever reason which the receptionist so condescendingly said was "very strange" suspicious, insinuating that I must have been doing something wrong!!! I was automatically approved for Maine care simply because I applied for disability, I pay for another health insurance and offered to pay out of pocket. I even told them I would cancel my Maine care just to be able to go see him. Today, a week before my appointment with Mr Dubocq I was called by his office and was told that he was no longer going to see me because I was approved by Maine care and he doesn't want to care for these people any more, and is no longer accepting Maine care patients. On top of that I was accused of doing something "very strange and suspicious" Because the state requested records. Even after I explained that I put them down as a doctor I as GOING TO see, not that I have already seen. A week before my Dr apt after I have waited three months to see this man he tells me he is not going to see me because I have become disabled, was put on Maine care, and the state requested records, which they find suspicious and very strange........ No suggestions of who I could go see to help me, nothing but to bad and we don't trust disabled people who are willing to pay for there treatment however they need to, even canceling other insurance. I have never been so sickened by the lack of caring and concern in my life. This is the worst experience I have ever had. It was hard enough to find this Dr who I had such high hopes of finding even just a little relief from this horrible disease. I would not recommend these people for anything. Thanks for wasting so much of my time and making it that much harder to get healthy.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Do you want your Lyme to go away or not? It's never fun waiting for an appointment but Dr. Dubocq is very thorough and detail oriented and wants to get the job done right. He doesn't just look at your Lyme and ignore other health issues, which may interfere with his treatment. He needs to look at the entire person. He takes the time to ask questions, make diagnoses, and then explain well . I'm happy to wait, knowing that when it's my turn, he'll take the time required for ME as well.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

This is ridiculous. Waiting here for two hours, even being the first b appointment of the day. Simply unacceptable!!!!! I do not understand how an office that runs this inefficiently even had patients at all!!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

My husband and I want to thank you, Dr. Dubocq from the bottoms of our hearts. I went to 12 doctors over many years before I found " the helper of the un-helped" . He spent hours explaining the ins and outs of my illness and gave me the knowledge to help myself. He has been nothing but honest and forthcoming, in as much as to tell me that I may never be "cured" however, I know that if it were not for him my life would not be what it is today. He has explained to me that there are no miracles and has trained me for the war ahead of me, standing close behind me to win the battle. Thank you Good Doctor, may all doctors strive to help their patients with as much understanding as you have had with me. I haven't yet won the war but the battles are easier to get through when you understand what to expect and what to do to win them.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2014

DR DUBOCQ, IS VERY THOROUGH, TAKES THE TIME HE NEEDS TO SPEND WITH U IS ALWAYS ON CALL, HE IS JUST THE BEST DR I'VE EVER HAD. DR D U R THE VERY BEST TY FOR THE LAST 9 YRS FOR GIVING ME THE BEST CARE EVER FOR LYME WHEN EVERYONE ELSE SAID NOTHING WAS WRONG U FOUND IT AND IT'S GETTING BETTER FROM THERE. IF IT WAS NOT FOR YOU I MOST LIKELY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HERE. ANDI THANK YOUR FAMILY FOR ALL THE TIME THEY SHARE WITH US. U R THE VERY BEST EVER.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2013

Our daughter went undiagnosed/untreated for a year, even though a live, fully engorged deer tick was found on hear head and removed by a doctor in Oct 2011. We were so sick of getting the run-around. She was getting sicker with every relapse. He was the only doctor who was willing to treat her. He was extremely informative, knowledgeable, professional and had a great bedside manner. He was friendly and so far, the treatments are working well. I just wish the rest of the medical community would wake up and do Lyme Disease protocol like he and his colleagues do, so people can finally get better!!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Thanks just doesn't seem enough to say to a doctor who, when others said no, he said yes. My only wish is for dr. Dubocq and his family to move to me in Canada. Keep up the good work Dr. D!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2012

knowledgeable, compassionate. Best doctor I have ever seen.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

Dr. Richard J. Dubocq's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Albion, ME