Ratings for Dr. Michael Blotner

I was Dr. Blotner's patient within the last year. He is very nice. His staff are also very nice. But he is very old school. He doesn't show a lot of interest or faith in women over 40. He wastes a lot of time in order to accommodate more and more patients. He is by himself and so when he is not there, you cannot continue treatment. I was there 7 months and I was told twice that Dr. Blotner would not be available for a whole month.-that's 2 whole months of precious time not to mention the extended periods I would take medication in order to make it easier for his schedule. I would not recommend this place unless you are younger, maybe 35 and under. Please also note his equipment is quite old and outdated and the lab is quite small and not visible to patients.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Last October I went to see Dr. Blotner, by recommendations of a good friend who was going through fertility problems and it so happened that he was featured on the Wedtchester magazine as well. My experience at the very beginning was great, first visit everyone was friendly, ready for my questions and answers. Gave me all the information. I needed to retrieve from my regular OBGYN. Then after the 2nd and 3rd visit it was like I didn't even matter. My husband had to also go and give them a seamen sample, no one was there when he got to his appojnement at 8:30am, when he finally found someone, they directed him to a room. After he was finished, and went upstairs the wait room was full of people (he was embarred enough already) but the secretary at the front desk didn't even know why he was there and asked him out loud several times why he was there. After seeing the doctor a few times, he told me that my only way of getting pregnant would be IVF, not even mentioning any other form of treatment. I told the doctor my husband was out of the country, and he proceeded to tell me that I was ovulating that I should get my husband to come and leave his seamen (I had just told him he was away). His lunch was there so he was worried about that instead of paying attention to me. This was My first and worst experience with a fertility specialist. I'm in the lookout for a new one. Hopefully with better luck.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

This is the second reproductive endocrinologist I have seen. It was the first time in a long time a doctor really listened to my history and concerns. In general it is unpleasant to need to visit a doctor, but the office and staff also showed a degree of professionalism and courtesy I rarely find in physician's practices. I would recommend this practice not only because I became preganant but because Dr. Blotner always treated me with professionalism and concern.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2005