Ratings for Dr. Wendi G. Marcus

My experience was very recent and it appears she has not gotten any better. I was in to see her in 2012 specifically to let her know my thyroid area seemed enlarged. This was my first time seeing her and I had not had my thyroid checked before. She touched it and dismissed it almost immediately. The physical was almost non existant. I got my blood taken and she said to take more Vitamin D. Thats it. Was in just this past May 2014 for a physical and let her know that I had been feeling very dizzy everytime I would stand up. I also let her know that I was chewing ice like crazy. I also pointed out my thyroid once again. She did do a palpatation and I did insist that it was getting bigger and she somehwat reluctantly said to have an ultrasound . She said they could do it that day and that she would call me personally if the results were abnormal. Over a week and a half goes by and I get a call from her nurse who said my blood test was normal but that I needed to take Vitamin D. Oh, and at the end she threw in, by the way, the Dr. thinks you need a biopsy on your thyroid because they found a nodule! What? I have never really been ill and just the word biopsy scared the heck out of me. I was thrown for a loop. I tried to ask the nurse questions about the nodule and she could not answer anything. I told her I was disappointed that the Dr. didn't call me back personally as this was bad news and she told me she would call me. She said she would have the Dr. call me. She gave me the name of two endocrinologists in their practice to call to schedule an appt. I told her no thanks. I would find my own because I was so turned off by the Dr.s behavior that I thought everyone in the practice would be the same. I found my own Endo but could not get in for 3 months because I had no details on my nodule or urgency. I called the practice manager and cried and told her how upset I was. Dr. Marcus called me back after two weeks to say it had been crazy. I expressed my frustration and fear and she said in a very snotty way, "I am sorry you fell that way". Very cold! I asked her how bit the nodule was and she didn't tell me but said to see if I could get into the Endo in sooner....UGH. I tried to tell the Endo that my dr. said this was urgent. They asked for the results of my Thyroid function test that should be standard for a physical at my age. Turns out Dr. Marcus didn't even request the test. UGH UGH. I finally got into the Endo who was awesome. She listened to my sypmptoms and also said that the nodule on my Thyroid was HUGE and that we now need to surgically remove it to test it for cancer. WHAT!!!! She also ran a standard CBC Blood test. I hopped on a plane that evening for a wedding in Portland Or. The next morning I got a call from my new Endo who was extremely concerned because my Hemoglobin was 7.5. Btw, thats really really low and very dangerious. Funny this didn't even have anything to do with my Thyroid and could have been caught with a regular blood test. I couldn't leave Portland until the reception was over but was scared the entire time that I would have a heart attack. I immediately saw the Oncologist who started me on Iron IV infusions to combat my severe anemia. I have since gotten a new primary care physicial who actually seems to care about my health. She listens to all my symptoms and she communicates with the specialists I am working with. She is great. Very sad and angry that my initial PCP didn't catch something as easy to spot an Anemia which because life threatening. I now have to have surgery to biopsy the nodule which could have been done with a needle had it been caught sooner.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

My first visit started out by her saying you have 15 minutes...whats up? She clearly has -0- bedside manner and could careless that I was there because I was not feeling well. She should write another cook book and forget being a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Agree with all the above comments. Very cold, rushed, and at times rude. Misdiagnosed a condition and put me through unnecessary testing and prescribed unnecessary medication. When I told her that the medication was making feel worse, she ignored my situation.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

Dr Marcus has a horrible bedside manor, is unfriendly and seemed uninterested that I'm 45 lbs overweight and have very high cholesterol. I had a physical without getting into a gown. She didn't ask for a urine specimen or do a breast or rectal exam( not that I wanted one). It took 2+ weeks to get results of blood-work.I would NEVER recommend her to anyone. She should be ashamed of herself!!!! Just because you can get into medical school doesn't mean you'll be a good doctor. On a positive note... her staff is very helpful. Unfortunately that's not a reason to stay with a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

Rudest, most uncaring medical profession I have ever met. She does not care about her patients, doesn't listen to problems and concerns and is always in a hurry. Luckily, she is not my doctor but was just filling in for my own doctor. I would DIE before EVER USING HER AGAIN! PATIENTS BEWARE THIS DOCTOR SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICING.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

This doctor was completely unhelpful. She took no initiative, was very curt, and totally dismissive.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

I've seen Dr. Wendi Marcus a number of times and was always a bit turned off by her cold demeanor. She seems like she has much better things to be doing instead of treating you. I have since switched to Dr. Ferber at the same practice and he is wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Dr. Marcus was clearly in a hurry when she examined me. The experience was very impersonal, and I felt like she was bothered by some of the questions I asked her. I will not use her services again.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

Have gone to her for a few years, & she's always kind of had this rushed aura about her, if you are the type of patient that goes in there with your list of questions and you know exactly what you want to get done at that appointment, Dr. Marcus will do you fine. If you're a bit more timid, though, I would try and find someone else. She's a nice enough woman and from what I can surmise a very good doctor, but sometimes she seriously lacks in comforting bedside manner. Many times she seems she has some place else she wants to be other than in the exam room with you making sure that everything's covered. I would probably only reccommend Dr. Marcus to a friend if I thought the friend was outspoken enough to make sure they got whatever issues they needed to get on the table out before Dr. Marcus left the room. Her exams are, from what I as a layperson can guess, done completely and correctly, but like I said most of the time there's just no easy to decect, heartfelt compassion.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2007

Very nice, helpful and understanding

flag | Submitted August 28, 2006

Dr. Wendi G. Marcus's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Buffalo Grove, IL