Ratings for Dr. Colleen M. Capurro

I saw her for a couple times a month for about 4/5 months complaining of abdominal pain. I couldn't sleep and drop weight drastically because I only felt better when I didn't eat. I cried in to her because I was so miserable and she was just annoyed with me because of the frequency of my visits. She said I had emotional issues and gave me a script for meds. Finally went to the emergency room when it got so bad I couldn't stand it anymore. Diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer and needed surgery and chemo. She is rude, cold and uncaring and has no business in the profession she is in. I can't believe she still practices medicine.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

Dr Capurro is one Moody Doc. She rants and raves and I saw it first hand. I went to her a couple of times but she is not friendly and made me feel like I was bothering her....I've never had such a short visit with a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2011

You feel VERY rushed like you are being 'processed'. You will get better service if you request the RN, Melissa Parrot in the same group.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

I have been going to Ralston Medical for nine years. Dr. Capurro and her nurse, Maria have taken great care of me through the years. Everytime I have called for prescriptions Maria gets back to me within 24 hours. Dr. Capurro is busy and I don't expect her to be like the T.V. doctors. A lot of us depend on her and the staff. I'm on Senior Demensions and I've seen most of the drs. there. I'm happy with my care. I give them all two thumbs up.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2009

She was my Dr all throughout my pregnancy, i admit i was young and did not know what questions to ask, but she didnt offer any advice either. Two days after delivering my daughter, i went in to see her because my stiches were pinching and i was afraid they might tear out. she left me waiting in the room for 45 min with nothing on and a new-born baby. when she came in, she spent less than a minute looking at me and said that she didnt know why i had even come in to see her. I was so upset... then her staff tried to charge me $200 for the visit because my insurance had run out.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

TERRIBLE - just out of school and it shows! Unwilling to accept constructive criticism. Failed to coordinate with my PCP which resulted in me being severely anemic during pregnancy. Nice as can be but just not enough experience!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2009

Attentive caring doctor, would recommend to anyone- sure, she is sometimes late, but that is her business, she delivers babies, and they dont come on schedule!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2008

Nice woman, but I agree that she is very busy and appears rushed. I've never had a doctor spend less time with me. I went in once for an infection and they did not even take my temperature - a quick look in my ears and throat and I was on my way with a prescription that did not do the trick. Had to return a second time, and her interest of learning more was too limited. I do like the convenience of being able to get in any day on a walk in basis, but I guess there is a trade-off in quality of care.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2007

This doctor is very rushed. Unfortunately I had gone to this doctor for years, feeling that she was competent and had always been very welcoming including her medical assistant Maria. It wasn't until I had serious complications with chronic pain issues that her true colors began to show. The referrals for MRI's and other testing seemed to take forever and when confronted with this she became very defensive and rude, and from that moment on had her medical assistant do all of her talking for her seeming to refuse to work with me at all. She stopped the refills on my medications in retaliation it seemed and after years of supporting her as a good physician all was blown away with her act of defensiveness and inability to move beyond my regular sniffles and coughs. After speaking with other patients they too had similar encounter with her. Also the staff at Ralston have always been impatient and rude.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007

Very hurried and not very attentive to prescribed medications. Other Physicians and health care professionals commented that the prescriptions alotted could have been harmful.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2006

Dr. Colleen M. Capurro's Credentials

• Univ Of Nv Sch Of Med, Reno Nv 89557 (Grad. 1996)