Ratings for Dr. Susan L. Burgess

After rescheduling twice, I showed up for a physical only to be told she was not at the office 'yet'. The staff did not know when she would arrive. It was my second day of missing work only to leave after waiting another half hour with still not doctor. Who would know if this doctor is knowledgable or not...she never shows up. You see her medical assistant more than you see her. DO NOT CHOOSE THIS DOCTOR!!! Anyone else would be better.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

I wished I would have read these reviews before I let my parent continue seeing her. I agree with most of the reviewers. I truly believe that this doctor does not know what she is doing. Her staff are very impersonal. It is VERY difficult to get a hold of her, does not return phone calls. She keeps you coming back again and again and the problem is not fixed. She keeps prescribing the same medication that you tell her is NOT working and sends you on your way. She spends VERY little time with you in the office but is quick to come up with a "diagnosis" with what little testing she does. After several MONTHS my parent's problem is still not resolved. This is beyond ridiculous, this is down right scary. Find another office if you can. This is not a place you'd want to go to.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

WORST.PHYSICIAN'S OFFICE.EVER. My initial PE involved her checking my pulse and listening to my chest then telling me to lose weight and that she'd see me in 3 months. Three months later I arrived at 7:56 for my 8:00 am appointment, DIDN'T have my weight checked, and at 8:51 when I went to the front desk to ask how much longer it would be before I was seen I was told that she had not yet arrived. No apologies, no estimate of WHEN she would be arriving - nothing. I won't be back.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Horrible office staff, horrible doctor. I had to wait over 45 minutes when I was the first appointment & there was no one even around. Not friendly, not inquisitive. Very plain vanilla, which is the kind of care you get from her. I would highly recommend finding a different doctor and do not waste your time going to her.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

She totally ignores what is being said to her as a problem. I got 2 chest x-rays in 2 visits. I guess that's the only equipment that works in her office. Scale doesn't work, and ekg machine is iffy. Also, when referred to a cardiologist on 2 different occasions, the referrals never got there on either occassion. When her office was called, it was like pulling teeth to get their cooperation. I did not feel confident with her as my doctor, and put off my health care even though I had a heart problem.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2008

She treated my mother for years and just kept bringing her back again and again on a regular basis for something she could not fix. My mother had advanced arhtritis of the spine and she had at least 10 MRI's on her spine in the last 5 years always with the same diagnosis. Also she never really informed her of her more serious condition which eventually killed her. This was a senior who was scared and lonely.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2007

I always had to wait at least 2 hours. When she did see me I had to tell her what I wanted, instead of her seeing what she could do for me. Also, I was getting multiple bills for payments I had already paid for.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2007

Very poor bed-side manners

flag | Submitted April 2, 2006

She does not do the correct amount of testing initially when problems are first brought. Won't give any results over the phone, must make appts. Just keeps bringing one in, to redo same tests, thinks up new ones that she should have done in the beging. Doesn't seem to have adequete info about what test results could even imply. She's an idiot!!! They just keep giving me the runaround and make it so I must make appts. to obtain any information, that could've been givin to me via phone. Too concerned about her own personal affairs to realize that she is there for the sake of the patient.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2005

Dr. Susan L. Burgess's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1990)