Ratings for Dr. Denise H. Zao

I went to see Dr. Zao for serious pain issues in my neck, she was more concerned about my cholesterol. My high cholesterol was her biggest concern even though I could barely hold my head up. Turns out I had a ruptured disc, which she didnt seem concerned about. She was condescending and she made me feel like I was bothering her by complaining about neck pain, or even being in her office. I would avoid her, there are a lot of good doctors out there, Dr. Zao is not one of them.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

I would not recommend her. She is young and inexperienced. She gave me a RX that had very serious interactions with one of my other meds. Thank god the Pharmacist caught it and told me! That should not happen...any good doc should know what they are giving you. Find someone else if you value your life!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

This doctor was horrible! I was under her care for about two years, but not by choice, I was in a managed health care program and had to stay with her. She was fresh out of med school (then) and didnt have a clue! She also gave me RX's that conflicted with other meds I was on. I have several medical problems and she treated me like I was crazy and was extremely aloof. I couldnt wait to get out from her care. I really did not have any confidence in her and would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

She is very knowledgeable and seems to have a genuine concern for your health.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2008

She was wonderful. She took time to listen to my problems and within a few days had an appointment with a specialist for me.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2006

She's very pleasant but seems preoccupied and almost uninterested. I went in with a list of multiple issues to discuss and she spent literally 4 minutes in the room with me. She also gave me a prescription for a medication that had interaction warnings with other meds I was on and failed to mention them to me until I questioned possible interactions.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2005

Dr. Denise H. Zao's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 2001)