Ratings for Dr. Sandra H. Garretson

Worth the wait. Love her bedside manner. She didn't rush me, listened to me and advised me well.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

I took my 74 year old mother (who is experiencing memory issues) to see Dr. Garretson. We waited TWO HOURS!! We were just about to leave when she became available. She was not prepared and had not looked at my mother's medical records at all. She was blunt which isn't necessarily a bad things, but she bordered on rude. That's not the way to handle someone who is already sensitive. The staff in the office did not seem very happy. The office manager would not even look at me when we expressed our displeasure at waiting so long. She told me that waiting as long as we did to see her was not unusual. Bottom line is that we will not be back, but I don't think they even cared. I do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2011

Dr. Garretson is fabulous. She is very upfront and lays it on the line which is most likely why people feel negatively about her but I prefer someone who is telling me the truth and not surgar coated it. She has refered me to some of the best nuerologists and surgeons and has always made sure I had the very best care. Both my mom and I have been with her for several years and we both think she is very knoweldgeable, and we trust her completely. If your a wimp you won't like her strong personality but she is the best!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

After waiting well over an hour for my past two appointments and her not apologizing or showing ANY interest in what I was there for, I am NEVER going back. She is rude, inconsiderate and is definately in the wrong field!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

dr. bedside manner was poor. she was verbally abusive and rude which stressed my husband who is a alzheimer patient.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

I found the doctor to be extremely thorough. She was warm and inviting and I felt she really listened to me. Did not rush our time at all. Refered some fantastic doctors to me as well. I have been a patient of hers for four years now.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2007

The Best! She is so informative and helpful. She is there for you at great times of need even if she is off duty. A+

flag | Submitted July 13, 2006

This was a new patient visit. She didn't knock before entering room (inconsiderate), proceeded to finish a conversation with someone else while holding the door wide open (rude), didn't introduce herself to me (like I said, we never met!) (unprofessional), told me that I didn't need to sit on the exam table & ordered me to sit on the chair because she needed to look over my history, then began tell me that she didn't like the medicine I was taking for weightloss, but recommended gastric bypass & advised me that it would take 1 year for my insurance to approve it. I'm not even a canidate for gastric bypass! And then proceeded to berate me & my exercise routine, which is basically: 5/wk, 20 min cardio, 20 weights & 20 min abs & stretch. I've lost 27 lbs so far, though! Extremely unprofessional & lacked friendly & warm personality essential for providing optimum care.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2005

Dr. Sandra H. Garretson's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1985)

Avmed