Ratings for Dr. Anissa Burgess

Seek care elsewhere. 2001 fined for"violation: unprofessional,dishonorable or unethical conduct " by the ADA. NOW THAT MY FRIENDS IS THE EXPERIENCE I HAD WITH ANISSA BURGESS AT ASPEN DENTAL IN COOKEVILLE TN.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

Dr burgess has evidently lost her touch since coming to aspen dental in cookeville. By all means seek dental care ELSEWHERE! She has no chair side manners and made me feel violently threatened to the point I left with my crown unfinished.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I love my dentist. I have been a patient of Dr Burgess for seven years. Today I had an emergency and I found out that she did too. Dr Burgess needed a root canal she went to her dentist and still came in to see me, I thought, wow how awesome is that. She is the greatest.

Submitted December 18, 2014

Dr Burgess is an excellent dentist. She is extremely polite and pleasant and she gives the best shots. Dr Burgess will work with on payments and that is really helpful.

Submitted December 18, 2014

Dr Burgess was very helpful and friendly. She has reasonable prices and her office hours are very accommodating.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

The service from the Dr. Burgess was excellent as well as the service of her dental assistant.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Burgess' for 8yrs. There has never been a time when I was not satisfied with the service I received. Dr. Burgess did my dentures and I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever. She has also worked with me in terms of payments when necessary. I would recommend her to anyone and I assure you that won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

First time at Vine Hill Clinic. It was dirty and the staff were rude. Also, when I was in the waiting room when they called my name they screamed by full name which is a HIPAA violation. Anyways, I just went in for a dental check up and scheduled a cleaning over the phone. They told me I only can get an exam and x-rays and will have to come back another time for a cleaning. The assistant was rather rude when I told her I was here for cleaning because I guess it is hard to look at teeth then clean them in the same day? While getting my x-rays the dental assistant was complaining about her job and left the bite plates in my mouth while she continued to complain in the hallway.NOT comfortable and hard to swallow with them in. Some drool came out and when she finally came back in she insulted me because of that and yelled at me for not swallowing. The Dr came in and looked at my mouth for about 30 sec and sent me on my way and told me to come back this week if I want a cleaning.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

This doctor canceled three appointments for myself and my daughter. I could stand to wait but my daughter really needed a consultation. It took four months for me to meet her. She did nothing for either of us but she told me I would need to come back for a two-part periodontal cleaning and antibiotics. A month later I went back for my first cleaning and she said I didn't need it I just needed a regular cleaning. She was extremely rough with me and kept yelling for me to relax. She said "Did you act like this when you had that baby?" She was also rude to her assistant for bringing her the wrong tool. When I got into the bathroom to rinse my mouth I started crying I was so shocked and hurt. When I got to my car I hyperventilated I was so upset. I will never go back and I will encourage everyone I know to do the same.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

had tooth pulled after she said only one was abcess. My sister asked if it was one or two teeth abcess. She told her one. Went back the next day bc of swelling. She then told me it was bc of the tooth next to the one pulled that was abcess, also. She then said "I told you and your sister that yesterday" with attitude. She displayed absolutely no concern for me and tried to rush me out as quick as she could. I understand that I went to a discount clinic due to my lack of insurance, but no one deserves this type of treatment. Also I had called several times with questions. I never once received a call back. I also called the social worker and left a message to see how much the cost of a root canal would be. No response that day. I called back the next day and spoke to the social worker who informed me that Dr Burgess informed her that she had already called me back and answered me. That was my confirmation that she is a liar and most likely a quack. I am getting insurance bc of this. GL

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011