Dr. Nolan S. Karp

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Nolan S. Karp

He is an excellent doctor. Great experience for breast reconstruction. Staff is great as is nurse practitioner

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Dr. Karp performed direct-implant reconstruction surgery at the time of my bilateral mastectomy, working seamlessly with my breast surgeon. I had no infection or problems of any kind in the aftermath, and the results even at four weeks postop are remarkable. He has a wonderfully kind and engaging manner and clearly cares about his patients as people. The members of his staff, all of whom are friendly, professional and accommodating, reflect his exemplary approach to care. I can't recommend Dr. Karp highly enough.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

Dr. Karp and the staff helped me through the removal of a hematoma and the longer than expected recovery from it

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Dr. Karp did a brilliant job reconstructing my non-cancerous breast from thigh fat after an overzealous surgeon had removed an unexpectedly large chunk. His staff, especially Loretta, were beyond kind, reassuring, and responsive. The outcome and recovery were exactly as he'd predicted. Please don't expect perfection-- your breast(s) may never feel or look exactly as they did. He didn't make them and can't re-create them. But his re-creation was pretty superhuman nevertheless, and it's so good to have all my parts again. Good luck to you! Without any comparison, I'll still go on a limb to say Dr. Karp is the absolute best!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I am 18 years old, had breast reduction surgery in November and am thrilled with the results. I was a size 34 J about three years ago and thanks to Doctor Karp I am now a 34 DD. My mother researched many doctors and decided on Dr. Karp based on recommendations she received from two medical referral agencies as well as based on her initial conversation with the office that was positive, upbeat and professional. Doctor Karp was professional and quick and his office staff was knowledgeable and spent a lot of time answering all questions. Everyone I interacted with at the office had a cheerful and positive demeanor and they made me excited to go ahead with the procedure and confident in Doctor Karp’s abilities. (On the morning of surgery, the nurse in the OR who works with many surgeons showed me photos of her daughter who was operated on by Dr. Karp- now that’s a compliment.) We drove over 2 hours each way for each visit, and we never waited more than 5 minutes for the appointments. Overall, the experience was wonderful and the results speak for themselves.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Dr. Karp performed my breast reduction October 20, 2017. I recently had my final post op appointment, and I can honestly say this surgery has changed my life. I went from 34I to approximately 34D/DD. My scars have healed splendidly, and all of my physical ailments associated with my large breasts have all but disappeared (back/shoulder/neck pain, rashes and scarring from bras, headaches). Dr. Karp and his staff are topnotch, and made this experience seamless and stress-free. I have zero regrets.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Dr. Karp performed my breast reconstruction surgery eight years ago. When I went to a follow up visit I expressed concern because the reconstruction did not look good to me. It was not symmetrical to the other (although we all know they never are) reconstructed breast. When I spoke to him, he seemed to be annoyed and bothered that I was not happy with his work. I had my records forwarded to another surgeon and never returned!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I recently had breast reduction surgery with Dr. Nolan Karp. My experience could not have been better. He has a very nice bedside manner and is a wonderful surgeon. My results are even better than I could have expected. His office staff is amazing. Everyone I met with were kind, caring and patient. I was reassured and felt confident going into this because of this wonderful staff. Could not be happier!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

No words would ever do Dr. Karp justice as he is truly the best. He does beautiful work but also has excellent bedside manners. He really takes his time getting to know his patients and his whole team is very special!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Dr.Karp is an incredible surgeon and his surgical skills are superior. At the time of my consultation we discussed realistic results and expectations about my tummy tuck surgery. My procedure was a complete success and my confidence is back after this surgery. The best decision of my life.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

Dr. Nolan S. Karp's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Russian

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1983)