Ratings for Dr. Dennis G. Harris

This is one place that loves to drive your bill up and up. They require you to see their physical therapist and psychologist. They also don't start helping you until your second visit with them and then their help is very minimal. I've been going to pain management for 11 years and just moved here. So my treatment requires medications and surgery. They were uncooperative with previous medical records and wanted to start me out on step 1 when I've been on like step 7 for years. This didn't help me at all just went backwards after years of treatment. The doc also has 4 nurse practitioners that can't do anything without talking to him. This makes the appointments take about 2 hours to complete. They got upset with me because I had my own psychiatrist and physical therapist and told them that I would like to see mine instead of theirs and they had a fit. It's all a money making scheme and waste of your time to see them. After 3 months of visits to the nurse practitioner, psychologist and physical therapist they still hadn't treated me. Run to another doc as fast as you can!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

Had to wait 30+ minutes past my appointment time before I finally saw the doctor. However, that aside, no real complaints. Dr. Harris was nice, professional, and seemed knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2010

Great Doctor. Tries different injections to help relieve pain. Is NOT free with pain medication and only prescribes it if tests confirm need. Caring and very friendly. Downside is you never get in at appt. time, long wait. Would recommend to anyone with true problem and not just a Drug seeker.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Um dr harris isnt too bad however the staff is just awful. Never in my life have i ever seen a nurse (the witch behind the window) be rude to the elderly. She was also very rude to all the patients, including myself. Add the (dis)courtesy to the 3 1/2 hour wait (yes i had an appointment) and I have to say i will never go back. I was also misdiagnosed and given medicine that actually made my condition worse. When I called back for a follow up (I had to go to ER for service) the witch was rude once again so i complained to her and she told me patients should be more honest with their doctors. LOL I've had it with this medical firm. on a scale of 1-10 i give them a negative 20.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

This Dr has little empathy or respect for his patients. Your 1 pm appt will turn into a 3pm (Consistantly). His rules to remain a patient are bazaar (I was out of town on buisness when his staff called me in for a pill count, as I was unable to return quickly enough, consequently I was fast tracked to discharge) I had been on heavy opiod regimen for several years and nearly had a nervous brake down getting "clean". He and his staff showed total disreguard for my well being. I have spoken to three local recovery groups and Harris is refered to as a consistant offender of heavy opiod vending (their term). He will discharge heavily medicated patients on a whim and leave them to their own devices for help and recovery. Be warned if you use his services. He insists the DEA will not allow him to give 60 or 90 day Rx's, when he was informed that DEA allows pre-dated scripts he refused to help. Consequently I had to pay over $100. every 30 days. Money seems motive to this ex patient.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Dennis G. Harris's Credentials

• East Tennessee State University, Quillen-Dishner College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, TN