Ratings for Dr. Keon Nia

I got LASIK done at the Mississauga clinic about three months ago with Dr Keon Nia and it's the best thing I've ever done. My appointment was at 3PM and I ended up going in for surgery at 8PM. The only complaint I have with this clinic is that if your doctor is going to be 5 hours behind on surgery, please let clients know. We have jobs. Anyways. The surgery literally lasted 3 minutes. Dr. Nia walked me through the procedure before, during, and after the procedure. I'm not sure what the negative reviews are about. Hes not going to hold your hand during the surgery. Hes focusing on completing your surgery properly. Needless to say, I am a little better than 20/20 and I do not regret my decision at all. Recommend this procedure to anyone who is tired of glasses!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Miserable Doctor with impeccable staff. So obvious he writes the positive reviews himself. If you have problems with the staff deal with it. Patients are all unhappy with him.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Great experience.Staff at his Gravenhurst office were most knowledgeable in helping me make choices.Dr.Keon was very professional-answered all my questions.Staff at Vaughan surgical centre pleasant & friendly on both visits.So important to follow instructions for month of taking drops.Huge vision improvement!Suggestion: Include more details for processing insurance claims

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

My experience with Dr. Keon Nia was pleasant. He helped my vision go from -7 to nearly 20/20 in both eyes. However, my experience with the clinic is less than stellar. It's difficult to get an appointment with a certified optometrist, making it difficult to get those medical expenses covered. The new receptionist they have is rude, very stand off-ish. Have to come in for a 2nd appointment to get a "registration" number and waste the DR's and my time twice because I wasn't seen by one in my follow up appointment. There should always be a DR. available.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Dr. Keon Nia gave me 20/20 vision a week ago at the Lasik MD Mississauga location! Please do not believe the negative reviews on this site. As soon as I received the email informing me he would be conducting my surgery, I went online and looked for reviews. I saw the negative reviews and got so worried. Nonetheless, I still decided to go with him because he has conducted over 35,000 procedures. I'm so happy with my choice. He was so knowledgeable, so friendly, and gave me 20/20 vision. What else can I ask for? Some negative reviews said he was not interacting with them during the procedure. Why would you want a surgeon talking to you during eye surgery??? Don't you want him to focus on your eyes! Anyways, I felt a strong need to write a review. Do not believe the hype. This man knows what he is doing. I had -8 on both eyes. I was practically blind and he gave me 20/20 vision!! Forever grateful to him and the staff at Lasik MD. Why didn't I do this sooner?? So happy!!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Had cataract surgery in Huntsville by Dr. Nia. A young doctor, and good listener. My operation was done very skillfully by him in April. Follow all advice given to you re eye drops before and after operation to help ensure your operative outcome is a good one. Yes most definitely ...I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I had my Lasik eye surgery with Dr. Nia 6 years ago and I have been struggling with pain every second of every day ever since. He really ruined my life. I don't know how much longer I can tolerate this frustrating pain, but I just wanted to warn the other people to avoid him and be careful about choosing the right doctor for their surgeries. I tried to visit him several times after my surgery to see if he can help me with the pain, but each time he just shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't know what's wrong. I will never forgive him until my last breath. I hope there is a god in the afterlife so that he can judge between us and punish him for what he did to me.

Submitted February 20, 2017

miserable experience with Dr nia and Lasik MD. I had read negative reviews about him and should have avoided him. if you don't want to go blind just avoid this dr

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Terrible Dr. Impolite, Selfish and rude beyond words. I went to lasik Md in Mississauga and unfortunately me consultation was booked with this illiterate awkward guy. He didn't even say hi to me and didn't even look at me when I entered the room!! He didn't answer my questions properly and he sounded like he was out of this world!!! terrible just AVOID HIM.

Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr nia and the lazikmd crew gave me false hope and fake promises that I was eligible for Lazer eye surgery. I was told I had dry eye but was told "it should be fine and it will go away" after my surgery I ended up having meibomian gland dysfunction and as a result have constant pain, discomfort, dryness and scratchy eyes. I can't even put face lotion on without feeling pain or irritation. Please do NOT do Lazer eye surgery if u have dry eye. Lazikmd is not credible at all!!!!!'! They are merely a business trying to make money and your health and well being are second to that. I am hoping I can seek some legal action. Lazikmd has ruined my life - I lost my job, have depression and can't live my life like I used to!!! I'd rather go back to my glasses and get my life back!!!!!!!!!!

Submitted November 30, 2015